Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Marshalls: educate me

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Seeing as I've gone Mesa (thanks to a couple of comments here), the Marshall search has been postponed. Thanks for all of your advice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    TTBZ said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    Yeah. An extra footswitchable gain stage on the 800 channel would be nice too for hot rodded tones, I guess (and people who don't like it could just not use it). And some form of power scaling, as @TTBZ said.
    If they had made the voicing the same, the Laney GH/VH are pretty much this minus the power scaling, just a slightly different feel (harder/less forgiving imo). Just missing that certain marshall mojo that comes with an 800 I guess haha.
    Yeah. I've got a GH50L. Strangely I've never actually got round to trying an 800, the shop always seemed to have something else I wanted to try more.

The new GH does seem to have some form of power scaling but I haven't tried it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_Mc said:
    TTBZ said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    Yeah. An extra footswitchable gain stage on the 800 channel would be nice too for hot rodded tones, I guess (and people who don't like it could just not use it). And some form of power scaling, as @TTBZ said.
    If they had made the voicing the same, the Laney GH/VH are pretty much this minus the power scaling, just a slightly different feel (harder/less forgiving imo). Just missing that certain marshall mojo that comes with an 800 I guess haha.
    Yeah. I've got a GH50L. Strangely I've never actually got round to trying an 800, the shop always seemed to have something else I wanted to try more.

Oh man, the gh series. I remember when they were £400 each for a gh50 from GAK. Should have hit that up. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Haha I think I got mine when they were a similar price, just over 10 years ago now I think !
  • Dave_Mc said:
    TTBZ said:
    Dave_Mc said:

Oh man, the gh series. I remember when they were £400 each for a gh50 from GAK. Should have hit that up. 
    I remember an advert with Paul Gilbert from the 90's..... I always lusted after one from that. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    Dave_Mc said:
    TTBZ said:
    Dave_Mc said:

Yeah, and the VH100R was £600. I missed it too, and thought I'd missed the boat... but then I got my GH50L from Guitar Village in one of their boss gone mad sales for a similar price. :D
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    I couldn't sell mine for £270 when i was trying to shift it! Given up for now as I'll not get much time to play for a while anyway. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah from what I've heard the used prices are even lower. Good if you're buying, not so good if you're selling...