Releasing an album. Hints and tips needed.

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
My bands album is now finished and mastered the art work and cover work is currently getting printed. The release date is set. We've just scored a world wide licensing agreement with Sony (pretty pleased about that). 

What i I would like for help from the forum would be the names of anyone I should be sending the album to for reviews. I've got the names of quite a few but there are so many Bloggers, reviewers, online radio stations out there now that I'd like a bit of help to gather names. We are a rock band along the likes of the Foo's or Weezer so any people out there playing or plugging that type of music would be great.

Thanks
Shaun

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited February 2017
    Sambostar
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you have already got a relationship with Sony, then you should speak to their PR and distribution department they probably have all the info you could need.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    It's more for local or smaller bloggers/magazines etc.  The larger places it's virtually impossible to get a review. We have no funding or label behind us to carry weight. 

Im after genre specific smaller bloggers and reviewers where we would stand a good chance of getting a review.
  • My friends band got written about on The Line Of Best Fit and Aquarium Drunkard. I think Consequence Of Sound also accept submissions. 

Please note my friends band is rather mediocre, so if you're good you should be successful. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    My friends band got written about on The Line Of Best Fit and Aquarium Drunkard. I think Consequence Of Sound also accept submissions. 

Please note my friends band is rather mediocre, so if you're good you should be successful. 
    Thank you for that. 

Fingers crossed