David Bowie - Where Are We Now?

RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13957
edited February 2017 in Off Topic
I love this song. I remember where where I was first time I heard it, driving to work and the Radio 4 Today program team were fizzing about it and played it. The sudden unannounced way it was released on iTunes after so many years of silence was a real surprise.

It sounded so different from anything else on the radio at the time and David Bowie has such a melancholy fragile tone in his voice. little did we know at the time what was to come, and maybe nor did he... 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Whether he knew or not, it certainly sounds like someone contemplating the end of his life.

It seemed to get mixed reactions at the time - I'm with you - I think it's a stunner.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3430
    edited February 2017
    It's funny how he seemed drawn back to that place and time in his latter years
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12411
    I'd bought Black Star and this track made me shiver the first time I heard it. When I heard Bowie had died it all fell into place. So much emotion tied up in it.  :'(
  • I love those chords at the start.  
  • Love this song so much 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Yes, glorious.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    I am at total odds with these last two albums. I was there at the zenith of Ziggy as a 15 year old, with all the vibrancy and social upheaval it all generated. The promise of coming into a 'new era' for my generation dangled. Then July 3rd 1973, he took it all away from us! I never forgave him and his subsequent work never gave that energy back. 

So I would rather he not tried to manage his demise is such a low rent way and allowed me to have kept my youthful 'illusion' in-tact - he even stole that back!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>