Toadworks John Bull Jr

MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
Tried one of these today in Rock Stop on Charing Cross Rd today, the shop just before the corner of Denmark St, it's got a closing down sale going on so these were priced at £39.

Has anyone got any experience with this pedal? It seemed to sound pretty nice (best out of the others I tried; a Guyatone and an old Vox thing with a valve), but I was handed a hopeless Aria singlecut (out of tune, grubby strings, no tuner or plectrum) and it was plugged into an old Marshall transistor amp which farted horribly with low notes, so I don't feel like I could've got the best from the pedal. 

I can't find any info or pricing online either as they're discontinued. Is £39 a bargain for one of these? Has anyone tried one through a valve amp, preferably with a Fender?

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The Toadworks name stopped about four years ago and there were quite a few pedals sold off cheap. I bought a Leo Jr for, I think £25. Great little pedal but it developed a fault and I sold it for £10 for charity to someone who did fix it. £39 seems okay if not a mega bargain, quick google suggests they were around £60 new. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom