Lightroom backup scheme questions

Yo. 

I have two hard drives on my 'puter. A 256gb Samsung 951 pro which has OS, Lightroom and the Lightroom catalogue on. 

I then have a 2tb internal hdd. This has my raw files on, my psd's, my tiff master files and my jpeg exports. 

So, my catalogue knows exactly where all this is. Fab. 

There is also a backup of the catalogue on the internal hdd. I have no idea if this "sees" the original files from where it is, but one assumes it does. 

So, I have a pair of 4tb external hard drives (wd mybooks) on the way. These are my backup drive, and my backup for the backup. 

Dream scenario: catalogue stays where it is. I still render 1:1 previews or smart previews, depending on whether speed is of the essence. I can clear previews as I wish - these are stored on the ssd with the catalogue. 

The actual photos stay where they are. As does the backup catalogue. 

I backup the internal hdd to the external drives. 

No need to backup the original catalogue on the ssd as its already on the hdd and therefore the external drives. 

Will this work? Will my Lightroom catalogue be easily recoverable with no need to relocate hundreds of folders of photos? 

Any comments from successful Lightroom power users appreciated. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh and will my metadata and edit data remain intact? At the moment I do not save my edit data (not for my particular reason, never needed to to be honest). 
  • No one? :( 

If not, I'll try it out and report back.