Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

gearnews.com relaunch help

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    Cheers you lot, this is all really helpful stuff and I'm feeding it back to the design team now. Thank you all!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Works perfectly in my iPhone SE/Safari

The content is great, I like the writing style and the editorial choices are refreshing - I'm sick and tired of reading about Fender/Gibson/PRS on sites/mags run by Future, so it's nice to read a wider range of more relevant content.
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    edited February 2017
    And, if you don't mind me saying so, you could do with the About Us on the top menu.  Might be nice for people to know you're not a huge conglomerate - that's the danger of a slick site, sometimes it loses that personal touch.  It took me quite a while to spot the About Us bit (in small lettering!) because I'm sure the more personal approach of the 'About Us' biographies are a real change from stiff editorials and so on. 

This is perhaps something you could build on to help create an identity that sets you out from the more generic sites, so celebrate it rather than hide it away. 

People are likely to come back because of the personal tone.  :)

Also, poor Ralf has a picture that makes it look like Mr. Garrison has joined the Pet Shop Boys.  D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Rox said:

Also, poor Ralf has a picture that makes it look like Mr. Garrison has joined the Pet Shop Boys.  D
    PMSL!

• newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    Works fine on google chrome - windows 10 laptop
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    edited February 2017
    Rox said:
    It's a sin.....mmmkay?

As has been mentioned, it would really benefit with a floating bar of links constantly at the top of the page so to ease navigation.

I think there may be too much clutter on the right hand bar (Hot Topics, Tags, Comments etc) - you have to scroll down a wee bit for the list of links to appear...not really a 'right or wrong' peeve though, that may just be personal preference.

I do like the content though - quite a few pedals and bits I never knew existed. Will have a proper gander when I get home.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Absolutely bloody terrible. Far too much stuff to buy - I'll be on the street in a week. ;)

love the site and the content, and particularly the broad spectrum of gear covered. 
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    Good stuff. I only started following the site a few months ago but I like the new look, loads fast and is sleek.

Cheers for all the input guys, really helpful and I have passed on all your comments to the team. Thank you all!