Bruno Mars does Prince

stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27219
At the Grammys. Not as good as Prince, *obviously* but a really decent tribute. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Can't see the video ("Removed by user") but saw a minute or so of Let's Go Crazy on Youtube (did he do they whole song?) and thought it was a respectful, classy if understated tribute.

• Can't see the video ("Removed by user") but saw a minute or so of Let's Go Crazy on Youtube (did he do they whole song?) and thought it was a respectful, classy if understated tribute.
    Balls. Down within 12 hours. Yeah, he did the whole thing. The Time did a couple of others but i'm not sure if they were with Bruno as well. 

I guess a high quality version will be up once it's been on TV. Anyway, it's excellent, and Mars is quite the guitar player for a "pop guy".
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    it was on 4Music (the whole awards) on Monday night. was VERY impressed with Mars. Never knew he had such sick guitar chops! 
  • Bruno Mars is an awesome musician.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I don't buy his music, but I think he's a top notch entertainer. I saw a live show on TV once and the band looked like they were just having the best time ever, they were dancing in unison as well as playing at some points, everyone was smiling and laughing, it looked a real blast!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    He's a great musician, but I have mixed reactions to his music which range from The Lazy Song (which I think is a truely terrible song) to Locked Out of Heaven which is superb (and maybe the one your thinking of @Axisus posted below).

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    @dindude Yeah, that sort of thing, except it was an actual live show. Looks like fun!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3325
    Has anyone seen this footage from the 2014 Superbowl?

Great performer and for me in pop, he's the whole package. And what about the band? Imagine being in that troupe and having to play, dance in sync and sing ala The Jackson 5?