Analog Alien

downbytheriverdownbytheriver Frets: 1049
edited February 2017 in FX
I'm building a new board based on these pedals - I'm surprised not to have seen more interest in them. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ive always fancied the Rumbleseat - sounds great but less keen on the graphics...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • With the exception of the nasty font they've used for "Joe Walsh" I really like the looks - very sparkly paint too!

• Well I slung a simple board together using one of the one-spots that come with these pedals and a short daisy chain and took it off to a gig last night.

First set I used my Gretsch Historic with De Armond pickups - the Joe Walsh Double Classic sprung to life with very little tweaking - the compressor is very useable and the Classic amp (Tweed Deluxe) gave some great edge. In the Rumble Seat, the delay worked very nicely but I had to turn the repeat mix up more than I expected, the reverb worked ok but not as sweet as the reverb in my 68 Custome Deluxe Reverb and I really struggled with the Overdrive (MIAB).

Quick tweak at half time and I changed to an old Strat - the Joe Walsh worked more or less the same but the Rumble Seat was transformed - the Overdrive is incredible - better than my Crunch Box which is really saying something!

The pedals were incredibly quiet, even straight off a daisy chain. I am going to persist with this! Need to add something Vibey and maybe a Klone to sweeten everything up at the end (on the other hand I'm just used to doing that - it may not need it, although I think it might help the Gretsch).

I'm thinking of building my own version of a Schmidt Array to hold it all.

Analog Alien is expensive but I really like them!
  • Thats a nice little board
  • downbytheriverdownbytheriver Frets: 1049
    edited February 2017
    I got a couple of them from Flightcase Warehouse years back - very neat and useful. Can't find them now except in Australia - they make some slightly bigger ones which I should have also bought back then.

Here's the other one: