Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Differentiating my Strats - what would you do?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• AndyR said:
    This is quite an amusing thread. I get where you're at. I personally have 11s on everything electric.
    I bet your Hoover's almost unplayable!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    AndyR said:
    This is quite an amusing thread. I get where you're at. I personally have 11s on everything electric.
    Alas, I haven't got a real one, are they any good anymore? I used to play a 60s model my Mum had - I wasn't really tall enough to fully appreciate it. Our current Dyson is pretty crap whatever strings you put on it, though. The old "vintage" DC05 I had was brilliant, best ever, but it died during some decorating-related vacuuming incidents. Our more recent model is now up in the loft along with all the guitar cases and mouse droppings...

The Henry, though, 11s all the way - might even go all SRV and stick 13s on it. Sucks like a bar-steward compared to the woosie Dyson thing in the loft. Even the missus agrees that it's better than the "lighter, more manoeuvrable (=falls over and bounces about when you drag it around) and less suckie Dyson".

Yep, 11s on everything electric (mains powered, anyway).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1681
    So your Dyson is just gathering dust? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    AndyR said:
    AndyR said:
    Alas, I haven't got a real one, are they any good anymore? I used to play a 60s model my Mum had - I wasn't really tall enough to fully appreciate it. Our current Dyson is pretty crap whatever strings you put on it, though. The old "vintage" DC05 I had was brilliant, best ever, but it died during some decorating-related vacuuming incidents. Our more recent model is now up in the loft along with all the guitar cases and mouse droppings...

The Henry, though, 11s all the way - might even go all SRV and stick 13s on it. Sucks like a bar-steward compared to the woosie Dyson thing in the loft. Even the missus agrees that it's better than the "lighter, more manoeuvrable (=falls over and bounces about when you drag it around) and less suckie Dyson".

Yep, 11s on everything electric (mains powered, anyway).

Vacuum rocking out: 
    Image result for guitar shaped like a vacuum cleaner

And a vacuum cleaner influenced guitar?

Image result for guitar shaped like a vacuum cleaner
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I'd just sell one.

Ah, but which one..?
     ;) 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Obvious troll.....I mean who'd have two strats ?????????  :o
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited February 2017
    Obvious troll.....I mean who'd have two strats ?????????  o
    Bugger - I've got three!  ...Jeez, I'm a troll and didn't know it! worry weep - I took a selfie (sorry, bad hair day) ...what do you think - am I still cute or am I a troll?? 

Image result for troll with guitar
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    DannyP said:
    I think there has been widespread misunderstanding of my question.

I have 2 strats and one set of 11s. All I'm asking is, in that situation, which guitar gets the 11s?
    I guess many of the responses are because many of us would take a different approach, e.g. tuning one to Eb, or selling. My decision would be based on fretboard radius, where I'd use the flatter radius for the heavier strings. Assuming that the rosewood is flatter then you'd get the same answer as @guitars4you gave wrt SRV
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    11s on the rosewood board then
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Anyone suggested a tele?
  • usedtobe said:
    I'd just sell one.

Ah, but which one..?
     ;) 
    The one that's harder to play - so the one with 11s on....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    Personally I'd change the pickups in one so it's either p90s or humbuckers. No point having 2 guitars that do the same weedy strat tones  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Put 8's on the maple neck and tune it to F#. 
    No one ever does this.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.

• blueskunk said:
    Anyone suggested a tele?
    Look we are all having a bit of a laugh, there's no need to take the piss.  
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.