ebay Frustrations

Having a little rant....

I recently returned a phone I bought, that was described as having no marks or scratches which was a bald-faced lie - lots of little scratches on the screen. 

Had to ask ebay to step in as no refund was forthcoming and lo and behold, I got my money back (from ebay). Happy days.

However, the seller has relisted the phone, ("almost no marks or scratches" this time), so it seems that not only did he get my money, he'll also make more from the second sale of the phone.

I know I've got no cause to complain really as I got my money back and it's not like ebay are short of a few quid and perhaps I should just forget the whole thing, but I can't help thinking that, to my innocent eyes it's wholly immoral that he make more money from being dishonest, unless of course ebay are going to hound him for the money.
(Please, no "welcome to the real world" comments!!)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    edited February 2017
    Ah - when you got your money from ebay, ebay would then get there money from him (in fact ebay would get the money from him first).............he's not got the money and the phone.
  • Ah - when you got your money from ebay, ebay would then get there money from him (in fact ebay would get the money from him first).............he's not got the money and the phone.
    This - plus you can report the item, if you are feeling malicious :)
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    Ah - when you got your money from ebay, ebay would then get there money from him (in fact ebay would get the money from him first).............he's not got the money and the phone.
    Ah that's good to know. He's probably selling the phone to make the money to pay them back then! Hopefully. 
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    This - plus you can report the item, if you are feeling malicious :)
    I did consider this! :)
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I bought a LED computer monitor described as perfect screen, less than half retail price delivered, more like a third of which it's currently retailing at, it has a small sratch that glows white on a black screen in the left hand bottom corner, still deliberating on feedback, probably just won't give nay, it saved me on a new one and all the others honestly described with small scratch a were about the same price delivered, so it is what it it really, it's still a great screen.  Might leav positive feedback as it was shipped fast, not sure really.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock