Trouble with imgur

What's Hot
Doing my head in!  I've been trying to upload a pic to imgur (done dozens before with no trouble) - it says "1 image uploading..." and the green progress bar has shot across the screen to the right hand side as though it has finished, but - no pic!

Then I notice in the address bar it says (in red) "Not secure", and the "https" part of the URL is crossed out.  I'd post a screenshot but I can't upload any images!

Has anyone else come across this?  Any help gratefully received!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It seems to happen occasionally. I fixed it by exiting and closing browser and clearing histoyr/cookies.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    It seems to happen occasionally. I fixed it by exiting and closing browser and clearing histoyr/cookies.
    Funnily enough, I think that was what started it going wrong!  Nevertheless, I'll give it a shot, thanks.
  • I get best results from web through desktop browser, it's not a lot of fun on the app or mobile OS

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I get best results from web through desktop browser, it's not a lot of fun on the app or mobile OS
    Oddly, I find it more interactive using the app. 
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    Hmm.  I've now tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox (all Win 10), and none of them will let me upload to Imgur.

It appears that my laptop/Win 10/browser choice don't like Imgur's "certificate" (whatever that is).

Is there somewhere in Win 10 settings where I can alter this behaviour?  Or is it within the various browsers?

The only other thing to change recently is my ISP - moved from TalkTalk to Vodafone and got a new router.
    HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!

It seems there is a known issue between Imgur and Vodafone routers - whodathunk?

The solution is to change the DNS settings in the Vodafone router from "Automatic" to "Manual", and use address 8.8.8.8 (something to do with Google?).

I just did this, and now I can see everyone's Imgur pics in threads, and I can even upload my own pics to Imgur again.

At last, my sanity is returned!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom