Actually played some music today!

What's Hot
mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
edited February 2017 in Off Topic
I've been reflecting on what I've actually been doing with my rig recently and realised I've been indulging more in gear fetishism than actual music creation. Having been convinced I needed to sell my Rotosound fuzz and OD3 (having not actually played through the fuckers for about 3 weeks), before placing another ad, I thought I'd give them another go. So much time had elapsed that I'd forgotten how bloody awesome they sound. 
Just like the Tele, dsl201, EP Booster and DD3 I sold, and then bought back in the past year alone!
Also realised how much dynamics you can bring to your playing with the way you play - 
Not sure when this started - I suspect it's the creeping subliminal influence of YouTube and social media - I never remember being like this in the mid 90s when all you had was Guitar World. Mind you, I was also 14 and hand no money at all..
Maybe a lesson learnt for now....
still want that Carl martin Headroom though :-)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Quick, he is becoming self aware! Someone stop him before it's too late... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The rise of the machines begins...
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I got rid of everything and just play stock into my broken DSL50 these days.  I cringe every time I hear effects, especially delay or even reverb. 

I even got bored of that so I'm still stuck cross picking on the acoustic or practising Foggy Mountain rolls on the Banjo, I've never really been a gear head, although you can't have enough guitars.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock