Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Since December our BT infinity has been very finite

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30931
    I've re-christened our service 'Nun'...... as it's an inactive virgin.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    WezV said:
    mike257 said:
    boogieman said:
    BT/Openreach are only responsible for problems up to the master socket. Everything else inside the property is assumed to be yours , so they'll  charge for repairing "your" wiring. Try taking the faceplate off the master socket and plugging the router straight into the hidden socket inside. If it works better then it's your side of the circuit that's faulty. Probably worth doing that before they send an engineer out. 
    This.  Your service provider should be advising that you do this before they entertain sending Openreach out as if their guy tests it fine to the master socket, that's where his responsibility ends.
    Yeah, they have always told me to do this before giving the potential charge spiel.   Had loads of visits at my old house and never got charged.

it did take 5 engineers to "diagnose" the fault I pointed out to the first one.... an obviously damaged line between pole and house.  Probably 20 phone calls too
    That was probably because nobody fancied running a new dropwire to the house, rather than them not noticing. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom