Best guitar and fretboard cleaner for my 1990 LP Custom?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Virtuoso always - using t cut is stupid, it will swirl up the finish and look terrible 
    Except is doesn't - as my swirl-free 335 proves.

No matter how many times you say it's unsuitable won't actually make it true. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Virtuoso always - using t cut is stupid, it will swirl up the finish and look terrible 

No matter how many times you say it's unsuitable won't actually make it true. :)
    It's more likely that you used the right cloth..... that's where swirls come from
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited February 2017
    Virtuoso always - using t cut is stupid, it will swirl up the finish and look terrible 

No matter how many times you say it's unsuitable won't actually make it true.
    Ive used it on nitro guitars and its looked terrible, no matter how many times you tell us all about your bloody '64 335 it doesnt make it not true. Im going to come out and say it - only an idiot would use t-cut (a product designed for car paintwork) on their guitar
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3454
    Swirls or holograming is caused by a number of things, too much polish, wrong cloth, wrong polish , too much pressure, not enough pressure etc etc, that's why TCut is sooo last year darlings.
    Polishes have moved on.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    This thread is giving me much amusement. T-cut was designed for cars and so was, er, nitrocellulose laquer... the two go together quite well!

But T-cut is aggressive - in the wrong hands, well... I can remember me and my Dad buggering a panel on his car in the early 70s because we didn't know what we were doing. 

I'm sure someone taking time and being skillful with T-cut would get perfect results on a guitar with nitro... but I wouldn't use it myself because there are other things available nowadays that are more idiot proof (Virtuoso stuff, for example).

I have used Rothko and Frost Burnishing Cream to polish up a Satin 335 and a Faded SG - that wasn't too bad, I got away with it (I used RF7, the finest), but I'm more likely to use Virtuoso next time, especially if the first job needed was cleaning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom