Got my first product safety recall notice

What's Hot
Important Update: Safety Announcement, 2017

Expansion of the HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program announced in June 2016 – Additional Batteries Affected
HP urges customers to recheck all potentially affected products

You are receiving this notice because in cooperation with various government regulatory agencies, HP has announced an expansion of its ongoing worldwide voluntary safety recall and replacement program for specific notebook computer batteries, which was announced in June 2016. The program has been expanded to include additional batteries that were shipped with the same notebook products.

The affected batteries were shipped with specific HP, Compaq, HP ProBook, HP ENVY, Compaq Presario, and HP Pavilion Notebook Computers sold worldwide from March 2013 through October 2016 and/or were purchased as accessories or spares, or provided as replacements through Support.

The batteries have the potential to overheat, posing a fire and burn hazard to customers. Because affected batteries pose a fire and burn hazard, it is extremely important to check whether your battery is affected.

HP's primary concern is for your safety. It is essential to recheck your battery, even if you did so previously and were informed that it was not affected. Note: if you have already received a replacement battery, you are not affected by this expansion.

Please go immediately to the HP Battery Recall website at: http://www.HP.com/go/batteryprogram2016 to check if your battery is affected by this expanded recall program. If the validation process indicates that your battery is affected, cease use of the battery immediately and remove it from the notebook. HP will provide a replacement battery for each verified, affected battery at no cost. You may continue to use your notebook without the battery installed by connecting the notebook to external power.

Note: The validation process may show that your battery is not affected by this expanded recall program, in which case you may continue to use the battery in your possession, and a replacement is not necessary.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,

HP Inc.

Lucked out with the timing though, I pissed on it a few months ago and it's totally and absolutely broken. 

Do you think I might be able to make something up about it spontaneously combusting and get a new one?  Perhaps that is exactly what happened and I had to think on my feet, but it's just I don't remember because I was completely half cut?
Backdoor Children Of The Sock
5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31632
    I opened this expecting to find out they'd accidentally put blue label Thunderbird in the red label bottle.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    p90fool said:
    I opened this expecting to find out they'd accidentally put blue label Thunderbird in the red label bottle.
    Lol or wis?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sambostar said:

Do you think I might be able to make something up about it spontaneously combusting and get a new one?  Perhaps that is exactly what happened and I had to think on my feet, but it's just I don't remember because I was completely half cut? 
    No - you'd be really taking the piss....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317
    Sambostar said:
    Important Update: Safety Announcement, 2017

Expansion of the HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program announced in June 2016 – Additional Batteries Affected
    HP urges customers to recheck all potentially affected products

You are receiving this notice because in cooperation with various government regulatory agencies, HP has announced an expansion of its ongoing worldwide voluntary safety recall and replacement program for specific notebook computer batteries, which was announced in June 2016. The program has been expanded to include additional batteries that were shipped with the same notebook products.

The affected batteries were shipped with specific HP, Compaq, HP ProBook, HP ENVY, Compaq Presario, and HP Pavilion Notebook Computers sold worldwide from March 2013 through October 2016 and/or were purchased as accessories or spares, or provided as replacements through Support.

The batteries have the potential to overheat, posing a fire and burn hazard to customers. Because affected batteries pose a fire and burn hazard, it is extremely important to check whether your battery is affected.

HP's primary concern is for your safety. It is essential to recheck your battery, even if you did so previously and were informed that it was not affected. Note: if you have already received a replacement battery, you are not affected by this expansion.

Please go immediately to the HP Battery Recall website at: http://www.HP.com/go/batteryprogram2016 to check if your battery is affected by this expanded recall program. If the validation process indicates that your battery is affected, cease use of the battery immediately and remove it from the notebook. HP will provide a replacement battery for each verified, affected battery at no cost. You may continue to use your notebook without the battery installed by connecting the notebook to external power.

Note: The validation process may show that your battery is not affected by this expanded recall program, in which case you may continue to use the battery in your possession, and a replacement is not necessary.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,

HP Inc.

Lucked out with the timing though, I pissed on it a few months ago and it's totally and absolutely broken. 

Ah Sambostar. Love you man x

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Tell them you owe me a new one because you had to piss on it to put the fire out. =)

We had a recall on a Morphy Richard Iron, after a few months the wiring had poked through the flex cloth sheathing, I had a roll of flex in the garage so I rewired it anew, 5 minute job. couldn't be arsed with sending it back.
    A couple of months later we got a recall notice for it (dangerous flex) and could I return it.

They sent out a new iron with a return label for the old iron but bollox to em, I have a spare one now. =) they ain't going to come knocking for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6095
    Sambostar said:

Sounds very reasonable. You were enjoying using your HP product peacefully at home when it suddenly combusted. You attacked the fire with the first thing that came to hand. Perhaps ask for additional damages for the emotional distress and those painful blisters.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom