Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sustain?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    edited February 2017
    Very nice!

You seem to let the finger fretting the note do all the work when bending - you might try using the fingers behind the fretting finger to support it. It gives more control - a personal thing - but it works for me.

Like the tone very much indeed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Thanks @richardhomer !

Bending is completely new to me so thanks for the tips! I shouldn't even be doing anything this 'advanced' really, I'm still trying to run before I've learned to walk....but I'm having fun in the process and that's the main thing right?! 
  • BRISTOL86 said:
    Thanks @richardhomer !

Bending is completely new to me so thanks for the tips! I shouldn't even be doing anything this 'advanced' really, I'm still trying to run before I've learned to walk....but I'm having fun in the process and that's the main thing right?! 
    Nowt wrong with what you've done - you clearly have a feel for the instrument. I'm not a 'technical' player - in that I don't play fast stuff - for me it's all about bends, vibrato and phrasing - the things which give playing expression. I find supporting bends with as many fingers as possible helps with pitching/accuaracy. It also means your not putting too much strain on one finger - which is probably one of the reasons why I don't suffer from hand problems.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Thanks @richardhomer !

Nowt wrong with what you've done - you clearly have a feel for the instrument. I'm not a 'technical' player - in that I don't play fast stuff - for me it's all about bends, vibrato and phrasing - the things which give playing expression. I find supporting bends with as many fingers as possible helps with pitching/accuaracy. It also means your not putting too much strain on one finger - which is probably one of the reasons why I don't suffer from hand problems.
    Thanks for that, will definitely look to work on that! :) 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Cheat and fit a Sustainiac!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    edited February 2017
    Sounds ok to me.  Try some echo at virtually no delay (10 to 20ms?) If you want to experiment with thickening the sound.