Sex Pistols - New York (Cover)

What's Hot
cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2562
edited February 2017 in Music
Following on from my Birthday thread. Really pleased with this cover. Nice to get back to your roots once in a while! My LP and Blackstar sound immense together :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3913
    Nice. You're obviously enjoying yourself there! My Tokai Love Rock sounds great through my Blackstar too, it's only the TVP30 though.

I heard Steve Jones' tone described as 'Panzer division' somewhere along the line. Bloody brilliant.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    happy birthday & happy new gear day to you @cruxiform
    gotta love the pistols. the 'line in the sand' band for so much greatness that followed.
    if you haven't seen this you might like it. the riffs you know but the man & his stories are always a pleasure. they broke the mould with jonesy. the sweetest villain in the hood.

hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2562
    Deadman said:
    Nice. You're obviously enjoying yourself there! My Tokai Love Rock sounds great through my Blackstar too, it's only the TVP30 though.

I heard Steve Jones' tone described as 'Panzer division' somewhere along the line. Bloody brilliant.

Cheers mate! He's one of my heroes for sure and the songs from NMTB are a joy to play. It always takes me back to learning those songs as a teenager. Yeah, I heard the panzer division mentioned in the Classic Albums prog and it does sum up nicely his tone. That Blackstar HT40 is a fantastic amp and very loud but can do bedroom levels too. I love it. What the video doesn't capture is how loud I was playing, I had one chance to do it as I live in a flat and timed it when my neighbours were at work. No complaints so I think I got away with it! :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    vale said:
    happy birthday & happy new gear day to you @cruxiform
    gotta love the pistols. the 'line in the sand' band for so much greatness that followed.
    if you haven't seen this you might like it. the riffs you know but the man & his stories are always a pleasure. they broke the mould with jonesy. the sweetest villain in the hood.

Thanks! Yeah I've seen that clip, I've got it on DVD. Yeah, Jonesy's a proper ledge. I've read 'Lonely Boy' twice now, such a great read.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5006
    I never understood why so many people claimed it was someone else playing on the album. There is nothing complex there, just power chords with lots of air moving to sound big. 

How many guitars has he sold as "that" guitar?
    If you lads haven't seen this yet get on it, it's brilliant:

Thanks for posting that, I've seen it before but it's worth another watch. Jones and Cook are on top form, they could have their own tv show :)

• Hello poor people!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gotta love the Pistols. I learned my chops in the village youth club, playing NMTB and Swindle songs with a drummer. Great times.

Easy to play, but hard to play well. He's solid.

R.
    Hello poor people!
    I liked that. The guy's very funny.