Zuckerberg: my Facebook manifesto to re-boot globalisation

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13953
edited February 2017 in Off Topic
What a bell-end, he's disappearing up his own arse by the sounds of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38998884

"There has been speculation that Mr Zuckerberg could be contemplating a political career, and even suggestions that he will run for US president in 2020 - rumours he has flatly denied."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What is the alternative to a flat denial?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I suspect he's struggling for relevancy - Facebook seems to be largely eschewed by most people these days. The novelty of being able to instantly tell all your 'friends' you're having a cappuccino seems to be on the wane....
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I suspect he's struggling for relevancy - Facebook seems to be largely eschewed by most people these days. The novelty of being able to instantly tell all your 'friends' you're having a cappuccino seems to be on the wane....
    That's Twitter isn't it .. Facebook is still useful, although moaning about fake news when FB pedals fake news 24/7 is a bit rich.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    What is the alternative to a flat denial?
    No one has risen to it so I will..

A round denial?

;)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539

A round denial?

;)
    Or siraxeman as he's also known.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think he makes some great points and I agree with his sentiment. Technology has made the world a smaller place yet people want to increasingly tribalize. I said the same thing during the devolution debates, the indyref and the brexit debates. It just mystifies me why people see geographic co-location as the greatest uniting factor in an age where you can be in touch with like minded individuals all over the world. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I think he makes some great points and I agree with his sentiment. Technology has made the world a smaller place yet people want to increasingly tribalize. I said the same thing during the devolution debates, the indyref and the brexit debates. It just mystifies me why people see geographic co-location as the greatest uniting factor in an age where you can be in touch with like minded individuals all over the world. 
    Pah, next you'll be saying a bunch of geographically disparate people united by a common interest could form a strong, supportive and genuinely uniting virtual community...

...oh, hang on.... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • yeah but arent you a filthy 4-stringer?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    If a supposed racist/sexist generally mental person can become president because he is a billionaire.  Imagine what regular billionaires think they can achieve.  You can't blame them
    yeah but arent you a filthy 4-stringer?
    Just how you like it, baby....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think we'll see the fall of democracy within my lifetime.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I do think he's bellend, but he's also right on most of what he says in that article.

The world IS going to become more and more of a global society, but there are a lot of people for whom that adjustment is going to be very difficult.  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13953
    edited February 2017

and by promoting globalisation he of course means he wants more people to join Facebook and all hold virtual hands in his glossy lovely happy world while his platform delivers fake news and perverts the minds and decision making, and so controlling, us hordes of sheep.

Or am I mistaking that for religion?

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9835
    edited February 2017
    "When I started Facebook, the mission of connecting the world was not controversial," 

Wasn't his mission when he started it to keep up with all the ladies in his uni? Or was that fake news too?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    I think people need to stop using the the term "fake news" and leave it solely to the unhinged leader of the free world. It's becoming normalised yet no one had ever heard it before some toddler started tweeting it at 3am.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6095
    dindude said:
    I think people need to stop using the the term "fake news" and leave it solely to the unhinged leader of the free world. It's becoming normalised yet no one had ever heard it before some toddler started tweeting it at 3am.
    While I agree with the sentiment, it is an exact description of a lot of what is on-line these days.
  • dindude said:
    Why don't you post your request on your Facebook account?

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206

"There has been speculation that Mr Zuckerberg could be contemplating a political career, and even suggestions that he will run for US president in 2020 - rumours he has flatly denied."
    With "MySpace Tom" as Vice President, no doubt.
    dindude said:
    Why don't you post your request on your Facebook account?
    Ha, don't do Facebook. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I think we'll see the fall of democracy within my lifetime.
    The opposite is true. Trump is democracy in action as is Brexit - the problem is the politicians haven't caught up which is why Clinton and Cameron were given bloody noses. Technology will enable democracy - it's easy to mount campaigns against a government and highlight injustice and when governments actually start engaging with voters on major issues we can evolve into more accountable governments and maybe do away with political parties as we know them.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!