Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What year would you go back to?...and would you change anything??

What's Hot

Comments

• Would you let your future self...er...suck yourself off?

"Hi. Im you from tomorrow..drop your trousers." Em no.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Dominic said:
    I'd go back to a few days before marrying my first wife and listen to my Mum for once !!!!

This for me too.  My first marriage was an unmitigated disaster for the whole 14 months it lasted.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Would you let your future self...er...suck yourself off?

"Hi. Im you from tomorrow..drop your trousers." Em no.
    What's wrong with you
    My V key is broken
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10425
    Although going back in time is impossible it is actually possible to go forward in time if you travel fast enough. At the moment we can go around 10 micro seconds into the future over the course of a year but if we could figure out a way of travelling a lot faster then it could be possible to move 5 years into the future over a period of six months 

I often wonder if people would do that. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Just worked out that if I simply repeated every year, year after year, I'd save £9560 and almost two months in time on fags and booze and live forever.  Surely that must be enough to save up for a time machine

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28437
    Pah. I'm moving forwards in time right now.

In my pyjamas.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14304
    tFB Trader
    Danny1969 said:
    Although going back in time is impossible it is actually possible to go forward in time if you travel fast enough. At the moment we can go around 10 micro seconds into the future over the course of a year but if we could figure out a way of travelling a lot faster then it could be possible to move 5 years into the future over a period of six months 

I often wonder if people would do that. 
    Only so I can see the day I die - Then take out the biggest life insurance policy I can afford a few days before hand
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4 hours ago, and re-write my Euromillions ticket. D'urrh...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Option 1 - the year I was born, 1967. I'd catch the Summer of Love and then head off to Paris the year after for some Situationist rioting.

Option 2 - 1990 to make sure my girlfriend didn't dump me. Never got over that one.

Option 3 - One Million Years BC.

http://www.zeleb.es/style/sites/default/files/70-aniversario-del-bikini:-raquel-welch.jpg
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22982
    If I really could go back in time, I guess I'd want to see dinosaurs, see what the real Jesus was like, visit ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome, meet Charles Dickens.  Etc.

In a non time travelling sense, I wouldn't mind just living my own life over again... maybe making a few (or many) different decisions.  It would be nice to go back to a world with three TV channels, no smartphones, where you had to go to the cinema to see a new film and actually buy a record to find out if it was any good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited February 2017
    2006 or 2007 to the start of secondary school, and I'd tell myself to chill the fuck out, have a thicker skin and not let myself be bullied. Then try to go out more and have more fun.

And I'd tell myself to listen in class to how to read music and understand theory, a lot earlier. And spend less time playing what I know on guitar, and more working on what I don't.

Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    I'd go back to 1938, stand up against Hitler  and free the jews and encourage gay love.

;)

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24368
    I'd go back to 1906 and have a word with a certain 15 yr old Adolf and convince/threaten him to be a good lad.  1963, Dallas, and disarm the twat on the grassy-knoll and Southampton docks, April 10th 1912 with a big sign saying "Don't get on the boat!".
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • 1976 and go and see the Sex Pistols live to see what all the fuss was about, then 1977 and head for Wessex Studios and see if I could get in and listen so I could see and hear how Steve Jones got that tone on Never Mind The Bollocks

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14304
    tFB Trader
    Emp_Fab said:
      1963, Dallas, and disarm the twat on the grassy-knoll
    I'd probably prefer to film the grassy knoll, plus depository building, in secret of course - let the assassination take place and after the manipulated Warren commission hearing, I'd love to present my evidence to Jim Garrison and then see what the lying bastards at the CIA and FBI now have to say
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    Late 1945 and make sure Trump's dad blew his load over his wife's face.
  • nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    I'd go back to my earliest memory and get the time with my old man again, and try to figure out what caused his cancer and stop it ever having taken hold.
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72455
    Clarky said:
    I'd go back to 65 million years BC
    so I can see dinosaurs and then the big meter impact..
    fkn cool

I'm not sure what I'd be able to change..
    "… there was a sound of thunder." - Ray Bradbury. If you haven't read it, do :). Probably the greatest sci-fi short story ever written.

For me - 1184BC, in what is now western Turkey. I'd just like to see what really happened at one of the defining points in the history of modern civilisation. And as above, you can't change anything.

http://www.tor.com/2011/08/31/wikihistory/

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Hmm, could go back to one or two points...

Late 2011 when I was persuaded to cover a manager's role as well as do my own job. It would lead to health problems and all sorts of stress about a year later, from which I still haven't quite recovered. I'd politely tell them no thanks.

Or early 2000. I was going through some anxiety issues as a 17 year old. I think I would go back and tell myself it really was no big deal at the time, try and get me to see those issues for what they really were, and maybe also tell that girl how I really felt about her.

In all honesty though, it would probably be the first one - it has had a much bigger impact on my life than my teen troubles.