Heard a boss katana yesterday

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Well, im officially a fan-boy. I was using mine as an audio interface last night, into some free DAW software. Works fantastically (in my complete recording newbie over-excited about it opinion).
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Definitely looks slightly different on the photos. Whether it makes that much difference I don't know? Will have to try one of these out. I'm hoping the 50 sounds good though, at that price for bedroom and jamming its unbeatable!

50w
    http://i.imgur.com/6hSMB2W.jpg

100w
    http://i.imgur.com/uGaMKq4.jpg

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72716
    ThePrettyDamned said:

If blindfolded I wouldn't have guessed it was a modeller, not solid state, nor valve. Just a good amp.
    I hope that one day this will be the accepted test of whether an amp is any good or not.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

If blindfolded I wouldn't have guessed it was a modeller, not solid state, nor valve. Just a good amp.
    I hope that one day this will be the accepted test of whether an amp is any good or not.
    Nah. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

Nah. 

Lol or wisdom... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited February 2017
    My 100w head continues to amaze me at times.  You stumble on a great combo of settings and a few more hours disappears.

My old SG into the Crunch channel and a touch of reverb was straight out cranked plexi AC/DC fun today...enough fun to keep the Friedman Smallbox from getting switched on. I'm sitting here typing this thinking I might have another go.

I've given up comparing it to my good valve amps, it has a great sound in its own right. Anyway, where's the written law that states the only real electric guitar sound is valve. The Katana's good fun and hassle free.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom