TommySixString: 1984

thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
edited October 2017 in Making Music
Hi guys (and @fretmeister I hope this is ok),

I intend to do a thank you video with Sheena and I thought how else can I say thanks.. maybe this will be torture (lol) but I've been banging on about this album for ages and while it's going to be delayed now, I thought I'd share with you what I was going to use as track 2. Sort of like a gift you might not want lol!!

In truth this was recorded many years ago. The story is that I played a song with @fretmeister at GASFEST years ago (I forget which track) and afterward I think we both agreed it would be cool to "do something together." The following GASFEST (or it may have been the one after that) we played another song which we'd recorded for an actual album (not this one.. and that track is going on the album). 

In any case, years went by as we were both busy and I was studying for my degree. Only a couple years ago whilst seeing Sheena, after having turned 30 and started a band, I decided I'd come back to the material and narrowed 49 of my songs (!) down to 11 for a proper slice of musical pie. Sheena has been very  supportive and tells everybody I'm always at home programming drums or doing a little bass or guitar, as if it's a big project - which it is - but usually folk would roll their eyes when mentioning something like this. Not Sheena. She believes in me. 

So anyway, on this track we have:
Drums:                          LordoftheStance who is NickJennison who will be playing guitar at the Guitar Show. 
Bass & rhythm guitar:   Our very own @fretmeister.
Lead & some rhythm:   Myself.

This is the only track where more than two people contributed. It's not had any "mix touches" so it's still raw like we had it years ago, but I think it's ok lol. 

Enjoy!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments