Best desktop guitar modeller

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    @axisus - I don't have any issue with it actually. There is a gate function to reduce noise, works well, but mostly I find it OK.

I use a bitcrusher in the DAW though if I want a lot of gain.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Snap said:
    @axisus - I don't have any issue with it actually. There is a gate function to reduce noise, works well, but mostly I find it OK.

The noise gate kills the nuance totally at any point where it actually does anything, so it's not my thing at all. I still use GR but just for a bit of hack playing in lunch hour at work sometimes when I don't really care what the sound is like.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    edited March 2017
    Guitar Rig is the one modeller that is showing its age, it's harsh and lacking dynamics and generally piss poor compared to the competition these days 
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Another vote for s-gear; it has a great response and sounds pretty sweet too!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    axisus said:
    Snap said:

The noise gate kills the nuance totally at any point where it actually does anything, so it's not my thing at all. I still use GR but just for a bit of hack playing in lunch hour at work sometimes when I don't really care what the sound is like.
    Yes, the gate can do that for sure, its a fine balance between noise and death. And yes, GR can get quite noisy. I use it a lot though and am mostly happy with it.

ever tried Overloud's TH3? That's quite good. But for some reason, it keeps opting to put sound out in only one channel, whuch funnily enough is mighty annoying. MOre annoying cos it does actually sound very good.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Space is now an issue. Looking to go straight into a monitor for practicing. What do you recommend? 
    Budget? What sort of tones are you after?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Snap said:
    axisus said:
    Snap said:

Yes, the gate can do that for sure, its a fine balance between noise and death. And yes, GR can get quite noisy. I use it a lot though and am mostly happy with it.

ever tried Overloud's TH3? That's quite good. But for some reason, it keeps opting to put sound out in only one channel, whuch funnily enough is mighty annoying. MOre annoying cos it does actually sound very good.
    Just downloaded the 15 day trial yesterday....so far so good.  The tuner isn't up to much tho.