Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Pete Taaaansend...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1385
    I struggle with The Who because of the vast discrepency between their good stuff and the rest. I could name you several songs of theirs that I love, but I could listen to hours of their material without hearing a song that does it for me at all..
    Not a huge fan of Daltrey, either. I don't know if it is because he doesn't write the lyrics himself, but sometimes it sounds like a man just singing a song and not really getting under the surface of what the song is about, bit like a pub covers band.
    Comment on consistency is fair, but I rate Daltrey as possibly the best vocalist in that category. Imagine, you're just an r'n'r/r'n'b singer and then one day your guitarist comes to you and says "will you play a deaf/dumb/blind messiah figure in my rock opera?" Big ask!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    If I could develop 10% of Entwistle's talent on Bass I'd die a happy man...
  • If I could develop 10% of Entwistle's talent on Bass I'd die a happy man...
    ...and you'd still be considerably better than most bassists out there :)

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    If I could develop 10% of Entwistle's talent on Bass I'd die a happy man...
    ...and you'd still be considerably better than most bassists out there :)
    One can but dream. Herecy I know, but I think he was more talented than Townshend...
  • AvalonAndyAvalonAndy Frets: 326
    edited March 2017
    Deadman said:
    He was one of the pioneers of home studio work and produced and recorded a lot of The Who stuff before it was used. He played ALL of the instruments too.

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/1979/article/theres-no-place-like-home-19790628/181676/large_rect/1421598971/1401x788-140230162.jpg
    Yeah, you ever hear the violin on Baba O'Reilly?  He was some fiddler.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom