Trio plus pedal help

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15969

folks...I was thinking of one of these but I thought I would run a question by you first.....

can it be used this way.....

I have my verb and delay on the floor with  a few OD pedals....can I plug my floor pedals into the unit in the loop?

..but more importantly can I record to the PLUS some nice  rhythm guitar with no OD pedals engaged then solo over the playback sound with OD pedals now engaged for solo tone?

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited February 2017
    I get where your coming from, but I've tackled it a different way. I have an ABY switch behind an overdrive sending the guitar signal either to the Trio+ or to a proper amp. The output from the Trio+ goes to a PA or stereo. 

That way I can record any (within reason and depending on the Fx types) guitar tone to the Trio and have a different tone for a solo. It does work better with the first interpreted part being clean. Then I add a rhythm part with a bit of dirt, then switch the output of the AB to an amp (or my pod) to play over. That way I get the best tones. 

I've not tried using the Fx loop of the Trio so can't advise, but the onboard FX are pants.

• johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    i plug my Trio+ into my gear the way it shows in the quick setup guide. There is an output to my guitar amp, and an output to my little keyboard amp/PA. I'm not sure how it works if you're only using one amp, but I can record loops which have one tone, and then play over that loop with a totally different tone. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15969
    thanks guys....jury is still out...anyone else folks?
    tae be or not tae be
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15969
    I guess what I am asking is....Can I record a clean rhythm , have it play back clean and record an overdriven sound on top for solo voice?
    tae be or not tae be
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    hootsmon said:
    I guess what I am asking is....Can I record a clean rhythm , have it play back clean and record an overdriven sound on top for solo voice?
    With my arrangement yes, not sure if you can by using the Trio loop
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    I do exactly what same as @hywelg - works great ...it's the only way to do it well