Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I want you to talk True Bypass Wah Pedals to me please guys.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBM said:
    I didn't recommend the Weeping Demon purely because I didn't know whether it was true bypass or not. It's one of the few pedals I sold and later purchased again; the only wah that I've managed to get decent use out of.
    For what it's worth I would also - as usual! - recommend the old Dunlop 535 (not 535Q) which is not true bypass, but is better than that - it's fully buffered, does not suck tone, and is also a fantastic-sounding wah. In my opinion the best ever.

I had one of those but preferred the weeping demon. I got rid as I didn't use it, then got a Steve vai wah... Which I still don't use, but sounds cool. Nothing like a normal wah pedal, mind. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Marktigere1 said:
    I also don't subscribe to 'True Bypass' being best but the mod for me was a good one.
    I don't know, wahs need it I think.  Without TB they can kill the life in a signal.  I won't pretend I understand it but I can sure hear it clear enough. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72380
    clarkefan said:
    Marktigere1 said:
    I also don't subscribe to 'True Bypass' being best but the mod for me was a good one.
    I don't know, wahs need it I think.  Without TB they can kill the life in a signal.  I won't pretend I understand it but I can sure hear it clear enough. 
    Buffered is also fine though. The problem normally is the relatively low input impedance of the typical Cry Baby/Vox circuit, even the three-transistor Cry Baby which is better than the earlier two-transistor one - if they're only fitted with half-bypass (as they are, stock) then the impedance loads the guitar signal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein