Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tasty Cover Versions

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Highway To Hell:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    This is just stunning

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    edited January 2018
    This is my current favourite https://youtu.be/kXMMZYj49D8
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615

Will never change for me I'm sure........since 1970..........loved the original Animals House of the Rising Sun version  which does take some beating anyway......but totally adore the Frigid Pink version

Enjoy

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12371
    Can't get the video to work but Beachwood Sparks cover of By Your Side as on the Scott Pilgrim Vs The World Soundtrack.  Would also add Lemonheads version of Mrs Robinson and Placebo's version of Bigmouth Strikes Again.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72379
    I have to mention the Duran Duran covers album 'Thank You', which for some reason has gained a reputation as 'the worst album ever made' - I have no idea why, it's brilliant.

One of my favourites on it is Elvis Costello's Watching The Detectives, which I possibly prefer to the original.

Lou Reed thought their version of Perfect Day was the best cover of any of his songs by anyone, too...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bazxkr said:

Will never change for me I'm sure........since 1970..........loved the original Animals House of the Rising Sun version  which does take some beating anyway......but totally adore the Frigid Pink version

That's the version I grew up with, my dad had it on a 60s & 70s hits compilation on his 8-track cartridge player. I like the Animals version which is a cover itself (and one of the first songs I learned on guitar), but the Frijid Pink one is still my preferred version

• Nothing Else Matters