Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone want a 59 Les Paul Ex Kiss

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• impmann said:
    Having endured a whole gig by Kiss to gain a wholly unsatisfactory shag from a cute young lady (who should have been better in the sack, but wasn't) back in the day, perhaps my viewpoint on this band is skewed - frankly I thought they were awful with deeply forgettable songs...

Outside of the US (that bastion of good taste), does the Kiss connection really add up to a heap of beans?

I can't remember who said it but it rings true - in view of the scarcity and cost of a genuine 50s burst, most of them have been owned by someone at least mildly famous at least once... 

I remember years ago reading an article about concert tickets and what kind of numbers name bands could pull, which included contributions from various promoters, and the guys who put Kiss' big reunion show on in , IIRC Finsbury Park - full make-up, classic line-up and all, said they several times had to bring the perimeter fence boundary in because ticket sales were so poor and walk-up sales didn't meet their hopes on the day.

Kiss just aren't that big a deal in the UK.

I think it's probably because their music is shit.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • 9-1878 (Ace's) and 9-1876 (Stanley's) along with 9-1982 are probably the flamiest original Bursts we know about. The guitar has a history of it's own now with a few owners and collectors since Ace. 

I saw Kiss's reunion tour in 1996 and it was a stellar stage show but they weren't very good musicians - I don't mind the classic stuff from Destroyer etc. though. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    9-1878 (Ace's) and 9-1876 (Stanley's) along with 9-1982 are probably the flamiest original Bursts we know about. 
    All very close serial numbers.  Possibly all from the same piece of maple?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    The advertised price is to discourage the likes of us asking how much it is and "can we 'ave a go mate". It will sell for less than that and probably by a good chunk of change although we shall never know the final figure I suspect. The likely buyer will be Japanese or American but I suspect the baby boomers/guitar collectors are not so keen now as they were 15-20 years ago. I know of several that have long ago cashed out and done good, not so likely to be the case with people that only got into it this century.

• crunchman said:
    9-1878 (Ace's) and 9-1876 (Stanley's) along with 9-1982 are probably the flamiest original Bursts we know about. 
    All very close serial numbers.  Possibly all from the same piece of maple?
    9-1981 isn't bad either - it shares a diagonal flame with 9-1982 whereas the 9-18xx range is straighter. I can see how you could get hypnotised by the tops :) (Photo: Tom Wittrock)

"A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alnico said:
    I'd rather give @Bridgehouse a million pounds to sign a '15 junior than be even remotely associated with Kiss.
    Thanks! I think?
    :)