Thorpy Veteran

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    wellsyboy said:
    woohoo its here!!!!
    Great. I look forward to hearing your review through your Louis @wellsyboy ;; Especially if you are using a wireless set up as I am. I'm concerned that I may have a problem if I did.

That goes for anyone else trying it through a wireless system . Do share to put my mind at rest

EDIT: Makes me think that maybe I should go back to being wired again rather than wireless :(
    I'm reliably informed by the boys at line 6 , the relay shows the correct impedance to germanium fuzzes 
    I'll let you know if Adrian gets out of bed and finishes mine ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    @wellsyboy how you finding your Veteran?
  • wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 453
    I'll probably get taken off this forum for saying this but I haven't even opened it yet!!!! Won't get a chance to play it until weekend but I am so smitten by the box and the cute sticker I am not sure I want to break the seal  :s
    will report back
  • Mike77Mike77 Frets: 14
    Got mine Tuesday and was lucky enough to have 2 band practices this week so tried using it on as many songs as I could get away with.

Anyway, it sounds amazing as you would expect but I must say I enjoyed the boost more than I thought. It does a great job kranking the amp to the edge of breakup and some if you so wish and giving a solo that extra oomph.
    As for the fuzz (my 1st btw), I couldn't help but go full on Jimi with it on a few occasions. That said, there's also some lovely, less fuzzy sounds in there too. I shall be happily twiddling dials for some time! =)

• Mike77Mike77 Frets: 14
    Oh and the packaging is rather nice too!
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    Mine has shipped but going to be away when it should be arriving :(
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1240
    MrSwanson said:
    I'm sure if you let us know the address, somebody will quite happily be there to accept delivery.. :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    m_c said:
    MrSwanson said:
    I'm sure if you let us know the address, somebody will quite happily be there to accept delivery.. :-)

Will do, oh wait...
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1240

No. 069 has just been delivered :o

However, I need to get some orders done before I head to work, and I'm out tomorrow, so I won't get to try it until Thursday :-/

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6149
    tFB Trader
    m_c said:

No. 069 has just been delivered :o

However, I need to get some orders done before I head to work, and I'm out tomorrow, so I won't get to try it until Thursday :-/

Everyone loves a 69
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    Well, Im very excited to say mine will be arriving in Monday, after the final sprinkling of mojo dust was added ;)

Really really looking forward to this one. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Well, Im very excited to say mine will be arriving in Monday, after the final sprinkling of mojo dust was added ;)

I'll be interested in hearing what it sounds like through your wireless system @Wazmeister :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Branshen said:
    How is yours special @Wazmeister? ;
    I didn't say it was 'special' mate - other than it looks like a LTD edition classic !
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Anyone else had chance to try theirs yet?       I had a little bit of time this afternoon so gave it a blast - there's a plenty of volume boost available but I'm not getting anywhere near the gain and amount of fuzz as I expected  (I was running straight into it with a prs cu24 into a fender twin and bogner mojado so fairly hot pickups but lots of amp headroom)    Anything I'm missing with the settings?   Taking the smooth or bias to less than half and it's very clean but that could be normal and I just have to turn them right up? 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6149
    tFB Trader
    John_P said:
    Anyone else had chance to try theirs yet?       I had a little bit of time this afternoon so gave it a blast - there's a plenty of volume boost available but I'm not getting anywhere near the gain and amount of fuzz as I expected  (I was running straight into it with a prs cu24 into a fender twin and bogner mojado so fairly hot pickups but lots of amp headroom)    Anything I'm missing with the settings?   Taking the smooth or bias to less than half and it's very clean but that could be normal and I just have to turn them right up? 
    So the original fuzz face setting has the smooth all the way on. Fuzz at around 2oclock, bias around 2 and volume to taste. Smooth is used to remove some of the flubbines of the fuzz face style circuit. This it does by adjusting the input impedance. The side effect of this is that it cleans the fuzz up a touch. 

So when the fuzz side is on dial smooth off to taste. And when combined with the boost side, it'll be a LOT more aggressive. 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com

Ok, so...

The Veteran has arrived (at work), so tonight will be the opening night !!!

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Nice waz, can't wait for impressions! 
    KIN HELL

I'll be interested in hearing what it sounds like through your wireless system @Wazmeister :)
    Absolutely no problems whatsoever from the G10 wireless mate... and my Masterbuilt Strat is as noisy and as sensitive as can be....