Labelling a kit amp as a Marshall?

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
In my search for a Marshall JTM45 I have come across an eBay ad where the seller calls the amp he is selling as a Marshall JTM45 KIT, now I know he has referred to it as a kit but the amp itself actually has the Marshall logo on the front, is that not just a wee bit naughty or is it morally ok because he states it's a kit in the description?
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    If you bought a Telecaster kit and the seller put a Fender logo on the headstock, would it be a Fender...no!
    Unless Marshal are the kit producer or it is produced under license its very naughty IMHO..
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24338
    It's illegal 

Even with a disclaimer.

Report it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I've tried searching online for a kit made by Marshall but it just comes up with other makers, did they actually make a kit? I wouldn't want to report the seller if it's genuine!
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    ^ this. Illegal and false advertising.

Even if it was once a complete Marshall and is now a pile of bits, a kit it is not.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    zepp76 said:
    I've tried searching online for a kit made by Marshall but it just comes up with other makers, did they actually make a kit? I wouldn't want to report the seller if it's genuine!
    I saw that and thought it was an odd advert.    

Marshall have never made kits.  I'd be very wary of buying an amp made by a random person - get the real thing   
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    @John_P  Trust me I have absolutely no thoughts of buying anything but a real Marshall! I was just intrigued by the ad.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    It should be removed/reported due to trademark infringement, ebay is full of pirates, even though they have rules and robots for things like that
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Naughty, naughty, very naughty!
  • It should be removed/reported due to trademark infringement, ebay is full of pirates, even though they have rules and robots for things like that
    Does that make it a Maaaaaaargggggghshall ;-)
    How very rock and roll
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom