Personal best day!

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6216
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Haven't attempted this for a long time, but after my weights session today I went for a couple of personal bests, I got 155KG benchpress with good form and 180Kg deadlift, but i felt i could have done more on the deadlift. my aim by end of 2017 is 175Kg bench and 250Kg deadlift.... still to work out what my max squat is.

Anyone else lift?
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Bro do you even? 

Bravo dude! I'm a skinny whippet who can just about strong enough to lift an asda bag, so I'll always be impressed 
  • Awesome.

That seems like a big bench relative to your deadlift so wouldn't be surprised if you've got more in you. Good luck with your goals 

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Bloody hell mate. A sight more than I've ever managed and I'm not slight. Well done. Have not done weights properly in years but often think I should again 
  • Good stuff! Currently around the same as you for the DL but much Bench is still very weak. I could probably only push out 100kg for 1 on a good day. 
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited February 2017
    No, but 150-160kg is a concrete railway sleeper man.  Jesus.  Can I hire you for a day,  maybe call it £8 an hour on a self employed basis?

Maybe you should retrain as a nurse?
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    edited February 2017
    How much does the bar weigh???

Ok ok just looked it up, the standard bar is around 20kgs, which means my wobbly 75kg bench is very very poor indeed.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    20kg. 
  • Strong lifts

well done

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6216
    tFB Trader
    Sambostar said:
    No, but 150-160kg is a concrete railway sleeper man.  Jesus.  Can I hire you for a day,  maybe call it £8 an hour on a self employed basis?

Maybe you should retrain as a nurse?
    lol! £20 an hour and you have a deal.

20kg, It's an olympic bar so you put 135kg of discks onto the bar and bobs your fish!

Good stuff! Currently around the same as you for the DL but much Bench is still very weak. I could probably only push out 100kg for 1 on a good day. 
    Yeah, I've only just started doing the big lifts (except bench) as part of a 5/3/1 training regime (google it)  and it seems to be giving me big gains very quickly. you should try it.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • I've lifted a MkIII Boogie with an EV speaker - but have decided if you say 'It's Thursday' - it's Thursday....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I can't do any lifting at all, I killed the cartilage between my ribs 12 years ago. Lift anything too heavy and I'll be back in hospital with heart attack symptoms and unwell for at least 4 months. Bummer but life goes on.
  • That's a decent press. I'd wager you can put 50kg on that deadlift with some effort. I'm currently working towards the qualifying weight for the northern open in October in the 77kg class, but I will need a minor miracle to hit 185 at a qualifying event in time. Might have to be the following year. I seem to have replaced guitars with barbells, but I'm really enjoying the Olympic lifts
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6216
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    I can't do any lifting at all, I killed the cartilage between my ribs 12 years ago. Lift anything too heavy and I'll be back in hospital with heart attack symptoms and unwell for at least 4 months. Bummer but life goes on.
    that sucks, how did that happen?

That's a decent press. I'd wager you can put 50kg on that deadlift with some effort. I'm currently working towards the qualifying weight for the northern open in October in the 77kg class, but I will need a minor miracle to hit 185 at a qualifying event in time. Might have to be the following year. I seem to have replaced guitars with barbells, but I'm really enjoying the Olympic lifts
    never say never! I'm doing the lifting because i need to lose weight, big lifts seem to help me (or at least i hope so).
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited February 2017

I have boke both legs,ankles,both arms and back in three places.
    ridduled with atheritis
    i'm 58,lifting heavy definately helps.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    ThorpyFX said:
    axisus said:
    that sucks, how did that happen?

It relates to weights that were far too heavy and a big dose of stupidity