How to record terrestrial TV channels (for later viewing)

RockerRocker Frets: 4991
We have ditched SKY so our TV installation is now:

Samsung LED TV (with Saorview* built in), Humax FreeSAT, Yamaha soundbar & Sony DVD player. The TV sound, also from the Humax & DVD player, are routed through the soundbar. And it works well.

I can record FreeSAT programs and series links on the Humax box. What I hope to achieve is to record any interesting programs from Saorview. In other words from the TV itself.  The TV manual is basic to say the least, and nothing jumps out to suggest this recording is possible or, if so, how to do it. The TV has a USB input which can show photographs or play music. Standard on modern TVs.

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks

*Saorview is the Irish terrestrial TV channel system. 
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616
    Depends if the TV allows the record feature...mine does so I just have to attach a hard drive and it acts as the record medium. If the TV doesn't allow it then that method if no good for you. The TV manual available online at Samsung should tell you.  If the TV does allow this feature they can be fussy about what kind of HD you use too. Older TVs have USB but will not allow TV record media
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom