Is this fender strat real?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    thebreeze said:
    And would you photograph a prized CS Strat on a table with that much crap and dirt on it??!!
    Don't go on about this Bridgehouse - I noticed some dodgy wine stains on the the table I photo'd my CS Strats on earlier!  :)
    Wine stains are acceptable - the mess on his table looks like he just finished making the thing.. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14454
    tFB Trader
    Only just picked up on this and yes as the blog above has stated it is a fake - certainly C/Shop logo is - starting to see a few of these - a C/Shop would also have various markings under the scratchplate, but end of the neck etc
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72708
    Nomad said:

The seller says PMT valued it, but that might not have been true. (In any case, wouldn't a Custom Shop Strat in good nick or better be worth more than £500?)
    Yes, that doesn't ring true either. If it was genuine it would be worth about three times that, and if it's fake it's not worth that much… or anything much.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Richardj said:
    Fake, the neck plate is also wrong for it and doesn't look straight.  Also, I think that the offset on the centre mounting holes for the back plate are the wrong way round. It just doesn't look decent enough quality to be Mexican, let alone a CS.
    I obviously spend waaaay too much time looking at guitars. I even think that the neck screws look wrong...... 

From the first look at the tuners and decal on the back it was a wrong 'un.
  • NickNick Frets: 98
    Definitely a fake I'm afraid. The main giveaway is the CS logo, but there are others. The PMT story doesn't add up either.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2903
    It's a real fake.