How do you like your guitar leads.. Curly or straight? OR

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
    My favourite curly cable just went noisy, where cable movement makes a static noise through the amp  :'( is there a fix for this?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3625
    Neil said:
    pjf said:
    Sorry but there really should be a forum-wide shunning of Photobucket as a host site. I can't see a thing (but I'm over the moon at having contributed multiple times to increasing such a sh*t site's ad revenue!).
    If you can't see pics it's your fault, no one elses.

I post on many other fora using PB with nary a problem, it is only on here you get the odd moaner.

I won't be moving all my pics to another site (that may also be moaned about later) to appease a few.

It's not his fault. 50% of the time I use photo bucket on a phone it tells me I've won a new iPhone 7 or that there is hot singles in my area. 

It's also slow to load and has a really bad organisation system. People should use Imgur, it works better. 
    TBH I wouldn't bother looking at images on a mobile anyway, too small a screen to appreciate pics IMO.

Fine for some stuff - but fora? Not so much.

As I said previously, no problems with PB on any other forum I post on (and it's quite a few).

Also what happens when we all switch our picture libraries to Imgur only to be told later that mobile users have a problem with ads on there - move somewhere else? :s
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4702
    I think I hate guitar cables more than I hate either hi-fi speaker cables or all the guff that goes into the back of a pc.  Very tempted to go wireless.  I hate wires everywhere.....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371

I honestly swear by a curly cable from guitar to board.  Also I love curly cables for headphones for exactly the same reasons.  No getting the cable caught on something and ripping the headphones off your head.

It is a very long time since curly cables were the standard for gigging. But there were many guys using long curly cables for simple but effective cable management at small gigs. And sometimes not so small gigs.

Example: Fender twin on a stand (or a chair). Angled jack goes into the amp. Long curly cable (stretched) goes straight down to the floor (anchored to the stand/chair base) and then straight forward to a pedal board at front of stage. Cable management without tape. You quickly learn to step over the coil. Second curly cable from pedals to guitar then gives a lot of freedom of movement.

Of course....another advantage of Hendrix using at least 2 long and cheap curly cables is that it had a huge impact on his sound, and that as a result punters (and small animals) in the first 8 rows were not slaughtered during the opening song.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    bbill335 said:
    My favourite curly cable just went noisy, where cable movement makes a static noise through the amp  :'( is there a fix for this?

Yup, new cable.
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited February 2017
    bbill335 said:
    My favourite curly cable just went noisy, where cable movement makes a static noise through the amp  is there a fix for this?
    a superfuzz. solves a lot of hum problems too in my experience.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7151
    I use a Bullet curly cable, as it allows me to not get tangled in it as much as a straight cable.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway