SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Carr Rambler

What's Hot
samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
edited February 2017 in Amps £
So, I acquired this very recently, and as fantastic as it sounds, I just want something a bit more blackface/silverface out of my clean amp (plus i ought not have bought it with current finances, but it really is gorgeous!). 

Amp has a few marks and scratches on the cream tolex. Previous owner was professional musician, but had it serviced and valved very often. Most recently 5 months ago or so, so very well looked after functionally. I'll upload pictures ASAP. 

Preferably id also like to get a bit of money back with a trade amp. I'm valuing this around £1500 trade/sale value, so amps of value £600-£1200 with cash my way are what I'd really fancy, although I'd go higher for something special.  

As above, I'm looking for something more Fender Blackface or Silverface style. Morgan SW's, that sort of thing. Will consider fenders too, vintage, reissue or otherwise. 

Other than amps, I'd consider:
Les Pauls
Chase Bliss Wombtone
other phasers
Glou Glou stuff

Im based in Birmingham, however can travel a fair distance easily. 

(Edit!) Pics:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    If it helps...try dropping the bass and middle down and pushing the treble up, in pentode mode. The rambler is definitely in the blackface ballpark but has a slightly thicker tone. Good luck with your tone search.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I use triode mode as well, and again, its good advise to drop the mids to say 11 o clock.

I would post a photo too ;)
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 849
    I kind of think of my Rambler as a blackface amp that's post production and doesn't rattle. Some people will say that's what the charm of a Fender is and to some extent I agree but it depends on your needs musically. 
    Good luck with your trade, you'll make someone very happy!
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    The OEM Weber in mine made it feel more like a Tweed than a BF. Played though my big cab, it's definitely more BF. 

Obviously the circuit isn't AB763 but the sound is close and it gives up the goods at lower volume than  BF Super. I don't think.its anywhere near as harsh as a BF Twin closer to a Deluxe but whilst I've played a Deluxe I've never owned one so I'm not sure how close it is. 
  • samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the comments guys! Yeah I'm gonna try and get a photo up today

You guys are right, the sound isn't miles from what I'm looking for, and it is real gorgeous in its own way (obviously!), so I won't be too disappointed if nothing comes of this. It's partly because I need to pull a bit of money out of my amp collection, and I feel someone could appreciate it more than me.

Edit: Pics!
  • Those marks will clean up,and that beautiful amp will shine like new...
  • If this was the one at Guitar Guitar, I think it is my old one !

I sold it on, foolishly, and later replaced it with a new one from Coda, which I still own.
  • If this was the one at Guitar Guitar, I think it is my old one !

I sold it on, foolishly, and later replaced it with a new one from Coda, which I still own.
    It is! Hope I/they got its history right, I just repeated what they told me!