SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Upcycled mini Champ with a difference.

4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
edited February 2017 in Amps £ tFB Trader
Here's another of my upcycled creations.I bought it as a broken solid-state SubZero branded amplifier. I loved the look of the blue tolex and the 6" speaker made it a great candidate for a champ-type build. Out came all the guts and in went valve loveliness.

Circuit is a classic Champ-style, with added master volume, for great vintage breakup.

I went a slightly different route and I've built it parallel single-ended, so the output stage uses both a 6v6 and EL84, balanced for even power output. So you get the warmth and bottom end of the 6v6, plus the crunch and earlier breakup of the EL84. You can also pick and choose - just put an EL84 in for more crunch and breakup, or a 6v6 for a more refined and deeper sound. 

Simple controls of gain volume and tone, plus a switch to remove the tonestack (much more of a gainy, raw sound) and one to boost the preamp valve and fatten. 

Speaker is a Jensen c6v - sounds much bigger than it ought to! Internal speaker can be unplugged to use the amp as a head, sounds huge through my 1x12".

I'd like £250 for this little beauty.

Cheers.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom