Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone won on competitions ?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Won this as a kid, in about 1983:
    Image result for lego shell station 1983

Since then, won $50 in a raffle, won tickets for the League Cup yesterday (in a draw at work), few other things, but nothing huge!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    I won a case of Champagne after winning a competition in Credit Today magazine - oh yes !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've won a 16GB iPad Mini from a Survey, and a 64GB 4G Nexus 7 from a competition, both in the same week. Apart from that, nothing
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Last thing I won was six tickets to Desertfest. My friends are very happy that they can now go for free.
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    I won a camera when I was 10 or 11. I sent some photos off to a competition, forgot about it completely and two months later an Olympus camera arrived in the post! Very exciting as a kid to have that turn up unannounced :-)

I have never won anything since but then I've not entered any competitions either!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited February 2017
    I met a guy once who had made a business out of entering competitions and selling the prizes on ebay. He entered 200 a day and won something nearly everyday. I was repping for inghams on the glacier express and he'd won that holiday and couldn't sell it so used it instead. Nuts.
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    edited February 2017
    I used to be in a syndicate of 13 people for littlewoods football pools and we won the pools 3 weeks in a row
    1st week we won £0.37 pence
    2nd week we won £0.37 pence 
    3rd week we won £26,000.00

I won an ipad and a Wide screen TV for being one of the top Sky TV salesman in south wales.  
    I won a holiday in the Bahamas for being one of the top British gas salesman in south wales.
    I got sacked for being the top Virgin media Salesman in south wales.

I entered a painting of a Dalek in a Dr who painting competition in a newspaper and won a trip to the film set of Doctor who and met Dr who/Jon pertwee and his assistant Jo Grant/Katy manning.
    I asked Dr who's assistant Jo Grant/Katy manning back to my mum's house for tea but she wasn't having any of it 
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

Me, not really.  My brother however won a MK2 Golf GTI in about 1988, when he was 18.  It was in a postal competition in a newspaper.  I remember picking it from Smith Night Fay Stockport.  My dad bought it off him and had it for about 10 years. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294

Me, not really.  My brother however won a MK2 Golf GTI in about 1988, when he was 18.  It was in a postal competition in a newspaper.  I remember picking it from Smith Night Fay Stockport.  My dad bought it off him and had it for about 10 years. 

When I was a student in Coventry I lived for a while in a row of grotty student houses opposite the Peugeot factory. There was a graphic design student in one of the houses who entered a national competition to design a custom finished Peugeot and won. So,to collect his prize he had to walk across the road and we had this brightly coloured hatchback parked round the back of our grotty terrace. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Somewhere I have a golden ticket that gives me life time free access to all Disney resorts which I won In Florida when I was 9. Can't find it though