SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted.....maybe: Tone King Royalist/Majesty 15w

ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
edited February 2017 in Amps £
Haven't totally made my mind up yet, but interested to hear from anyone that might be moving one on in the near future. Only heard clips but the cleans sound beautiful and an attenuator that actually works...or does it???.  Also love the styling. 

Great if anyone can chip in with some user experience.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16146
    The attenuator works very well.......it has about 5 progressive settings gradually providing progressively more attenuation but I find that the first 2 settings are totally transparent with zero change other than volume ........as you get progressively more quiet than that the quality becomes a bit more affected and the last setting is uselessIMO
    However,most people should be comfortable with the first couple of settings alone and the next one down is still good.
         They are very different amps tho"
     One is Fender ,the other is Marshall but both brilliant .
  • Dominic said:
    The attenuator works very well.......it has about 5 progressive settings gradually providing progressively more attenuation but I find that the first 2 settings are totally transparent with zero change other than volume ........as you get progressively more quiet than that the quality becomes a bit more affected and the last setting is uselessIMO
    However,most people should be comfortable with the first couple of settings alone and the next one down is still good.
         They are very different amps tho"
     One is Fender ,the other is Marshall but both brilliant .
    That's interesting. I thought Royalist and the Majesty were the same amp, renamed Royalist because of legal issues??

Thanks for your thoughts on the attenuator, good to know this one works well.
  • I thought the 2 were the same. Just name change. Also consider Friedman mini Dirty Shirley for that sort of el84 Marshall tone. Head is very portable with tonal options through a 3-way switch; pair it with a creamback M65 cab and look no further! 
  • One has just come up on eBay.........
  • The 2 amps are the same...

Ive never owned one, but had a real good play on one at Coda... ive been so close to buying ine several times !

A great amp, imho... and the attenuator is superb. Lovely cleams too.
  • Killer amp (says the man who foolishly sold one). The attenuator is really good the extreme bedroom settings do have an effect on the tone but still sounds good, importantly the dynamic response remains even when heavily attenuated. Tone controls are really musical and the presence control is useful.
    The clean edge of break up was my favourite setting and just dig into the strings when needed a bit of bite.
    15w was a very loud 15w.
    I needed a different set up for a particular project and so had to let it go but if I ever find those missing £ k behind the sofa I'd get one again. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16146
    edited February 2017
    Sorry .....my bad ; Dont know why but had Royalist v Imperial in mind - Majesty and Royalist are the same amp
    It is an exceptionally loud 15 w ........does a fantastic 60s sound
    the clean is really lovely but obviously not got loads of headroom
  • Andyblues said:
    One has just come up on eBay.........
    Looked at that, but it's the 45w version. Looking for the 15w combo.