Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Cobra Beer...I feel cheated!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Same thing they are doing with most of the chocolate bars. Same price...smaller bar. Bastards!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV Asahi really is an amazing lager, quite complex and the rice keeps it light without hiding flavour or losing too much alcohol.   Rice a a common adjunct in many lagers, as is a little wheat for better head retention. 

No it's not. It's brewed by the worst brewery in Britain - Shepherd Neame which although a Kent brewery (Kent is renowned for great beer), these clowns couldn't brew a decent beer if all the ingredients and recopies were handed to them which it pretty much has). Most beer including the premium foreign beers are brewed in Northampton unless specifically imported and not brewed anywhere else.
     I am a self-confessed beer snob because I refuse to drink crap beer. For all their faults, Wetherspoons do some great ales, including the guest ales and a really good choice of import beers.
    Guitars: ESP Viper | BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X | Jackson RR5 | Washburn Custom shop Idol | Schecter C1 Stealth | Schecter Blackjack AX-7 | Washburn “Billy Club” Idol | Washburn “Nick Catanese” Idol - Amps: Peavey 5150 60w Combo | Peavey 6505 120w head | Peavey JSX 120w head | Blackstar HT-1 Combo

• Is it not a bit like OXO cubes getting smaller? 
    When I was a lad it was a solid cube, now it's got sections cut out of it. 

Bet no no one noticed that cheeky bit of cutting back. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16681
    edited February 2017
    Motorhate said:
    WezV Asahi really is an amazing lager, quite complex and the rice keeps it light without hiding flavour or losing too much alcohol.   Rice a a common adjunct in many lagers, as is a little wheat for better head retention. 

No it's not. It's brewed by the worst brewery in Britain - Shepherd Neame which although a Kent brewery (Kent is renowned for great beer), these clowns couldn't brew a decent beer if all the ingredients and recopies were handed to them which it pretty much has). Most beer including the premium foreign beers are brewed in Northampton unless specifically imported and not brewed anywhere else.
     I am a self-confessed beer snob because I refuse to drink crap beer. For all their faults, Wetherspoons do some great ales, including the guest ales and a really good choice of import beers.
    I think they do a pretty good job on that one,   I don't expect everyone to agree and you are entitled to your opinion, even if its wrong     I like the more floral profile compared to the other light adjunct lagers I have had recently

Since the Miller Brands mergers last year there is now a company called Asahi UK, who are currently not responsible for Asahi within the UK.   Who knows what will happen there but it may not be Shepherd Neame forever

The fridges at Wetherspoons do keep calling me.  I must admit i have had bad experiences with their cask ranges, but every pub is a bit different.  My local one varies a lot

One thing no-one considers with imports is how a beer can change over time and travel.  We have lost whole batches of beer on the journey over. The choice to import meant variable quality and erratic supply.  Also, If your favourite imported beer comes in a clear or green bottle its likely it does not taste like it would straight from the brewery.  
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3456
    Is it not a bit like OXO cubes getting smaller? 
    When I was a lad it was a solid cube, now it's got sections cut out of it. 

Bet no no one noticed that cheeky bit of cutting back. 
    They arnt the same either, back in the day a mug of Oxo and a round or two of bread was a nice treat on a snow day, anyone remember snow? That's some cutting back right there.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    FYI. It's not even made from real cobra.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WALOFS

Thread derailed by intelligent banter. What''s up with you lot?

If I want to drink Chav beer, albeit 6% less of it, in my Reebok Classics then I will!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom