EastEnders or Coronation Street, which do you DESPISE more ?

What's Hot

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Him, Ian Beale, is one fat get. Its incredible how fat he is, given that as a kid/young bloke he was a skinny get. That must have taken a substantial effort an investment in pies. Admirable dedication.

He didn't ge that thing living rough either, someone must have been sneaking him vanilla slices on the qt.

That's the trouble with Eastenders: it just isn;t realistic. tsk tsk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Don't watch either (or Emmerdale), but over the years Corrie seems to have had a far better sense of humour, Eastenders is just so bloody miserable (well it was 15yrs ago or so when I last saw an episode).
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Can't stand soaps - actually can't pretty much all TV, so don't watch it at all. Far more fun things to do in life, like play the guitar.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    Has Phil Mitchell still got a boat race as red as a babooon's arse? And is that twat Bealey still sleeping roug
    Image result for ian beale tramp

Wrong programme ............that was Catweazle ,,,,( for those old enough to remember )
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    Not seen either for over 15 years, so can't comment on which I dislike
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    I can't stand Eastenders, Emmerdale is utter tosh and has some of the worst acting imaginable; however, Coronation Street on the other hand is a soap that has decent characters, good storylines and a sense of humour. It's like a parody of life and is to some extent relatable.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6064
    The Archers, better pictures.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I find it very hard to despise anything I don't watch but, in the spirit of joining in, I'll say that if I were forced to watch both I would hate the one with Danny Dyer in most.
  • It always makes me laugh when someone goes for a jog on eastenders. All they do is go round that little roundabout in the middle of eastenders-ville, and they are always wearing a grey hooded jumper with sweat stains on it like Rocky. Show me one person who wears one of those jumpers for jogging in real life.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    boogieman said:
    proggy said:

Why are they called soap operas anyway, are they about people singing in the shower?
    The first ones were sponsored by soap powder manufacturers in the US

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_opera

Oh, ok. There had to be a logical reason.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Both are intended for pensioners and house wives - shocked to find out that they're loathed in equal measure on a guitar forum.

Eastenders is ludicrous, but come on - there's been some hilariously classic incidents in the past: Phil Mitchell on the bottle. Phil Mitchell on crack. Phil Mitchell on every lass in Albert Square. The best one however though...."EAT YA GRAVY, MO!".
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Fretwired said:
    East Enders .. it has Danny Dyer in it ... shite

Faaaackin' muggy mug!!
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2240
    I don't watch either program. I have legs and use them when Mrs s watches a crap program. Conversely she won't stay in the room when I watch cheap Canadian sci-fi.
  • Anyone else think that regardless of how any scene starts out, in EastEnders it always finishes with a blazing row ?
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28289
    ICBM said:
    Never watched either of them but Eastenders takes it for having such a shit theme tune.
    Do you miss the singing?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Sporky said: 
    ICBM said:
    Never watched either of them but Eastenders takes it for having such a shit theme tune.
    Do you miss the singing?
     Ahnee wan can fawl in laaaav , ner ne ner ner ner ner
  • Sporky said: 
    ICBM said:
    Do you miss the singing?
     Ahnee wan can fawl in laaaav , ner ne ner ner ner ner
    There is a special corner in Hell reserved for you now, for resurrecting the memory of that! ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Whoever comes up with the storylines for 'enders deserves to have their backsides infested with camel fleas.
    But what really pisses me off is when they come up with a "serious" storyline and try justifying it by putting a call line up after just incase youve been affected by said storyline.
    utter shite.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    That Danny Dyer is the most grotesque,ignorant and vile character.
    I thought it was an act for Eastenders and a laughably bad East End Cockney Caricature - 
    Then I saw him ,as himself,on a chat show/ game show .....................The same !!!!!!!
    He was vulgar,rude and unbearably coarse...................a living Caricature .....I was expecting him to break into a few verses of "my old man said follow the van " or " Knees up Mother Braaan " at any second 
     He's so common he makes Chas and Dave seem like the Landed Gentry.................ghastly fellow.