Is this transformer any use to anybody?

What's Hot
I've got a transformer that I think came out of an old dead PA mixer head I stripped for parts some time ago.  If it came from the amp I think it was, it was a Carlsbro, possibly '70s or early '80s by the look of it.  Like this one 

Anyway, I'm not going to use it so if it's any use to anybody they can have it if it's worth more than the postage cost (it's quite a lump).  The only identification I can find is on one side it's got two wires (one brown one purple), attached to terminals marked 0 and 120, with a jumper across another two terminals.  On the metalwork on this side it says "786-328", or possibly 32B but I think it's an 8.  The other side has three wires (green, brown and pink/beige).  No other markings at all that I can see.

Any use or scrap?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72854
    Sadly it's not a huge amount of use unless you want to build a fairly similar solid-state amp, and it's probably not worth the cost of sending it anywhere. They very rarely fail so there isn't even much call for them as replacements.

One possible use is as a step-down auto-transformer for a US amp you've converting to run in the UK, but you'd need to case it properly if there isn't enough room in the amp chassis to fit it, so still a bit of a faff.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @ICBM - that's sort of what I suspected really.  I'll stash it somewhere until I need the space but I doubt I'll ever use it so it'll probably end up getting scrapped.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom