Music just made me sad

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
Maybe sad is a bit too strong a word. Some tv ad was on in the background and it was playing Joe Jackson Steppin out. It reminded me of my youth and happy times. Sometimes I wish I could step back into the early 80s when I was at art college. Wonderful years but now a distant memory. It's funny how music can cause such strong emotional reactions out of nowhere. Maybe sad is the right word, I'm not sure. Didn't dwell on it for too long.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10308
    Heard A Good Heart by Feargal Sharkey on the radio the other day.It was my Mum and Stepdads song.My mum died suddenly in 2015 after a short illness and hearing that song always takes me back to being a kid,spending time with her (my Mum and Dad split when I was five years old and my Dad got custody so I didn't get to see her as much as I'd have liked).Kind of bittersweet hearing the song because it reminds me of the good times but also that she's gone.

I feel rather sad now.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24840
    I often have those moments - I hear something (usually when driving) which takes me to a specific time and place.

I seem to experience these things more intensely with age - probably because we become more aware of our own mortality as we get older - and feel further from our youth with each passing day.

This has the potential to be one very depressing thread - now here's Tom with the weather....
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    God I love that misty eyed, slightly melancholic feeling you get from being transported back to another time. For me it's Neil young's harvest (although it wasn't current when I started listening to it), and Out of Time. When there were many more tomorrows than yesterdays.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I seem to be OK with most music, but as I approach 50 I do sometimes get very nostalgic with some tracks. I think it hits people who generally lacked confidence when they really should have been "making the most" of life. Confidence comes eventually, but by the time you stop giving a shit you're, well, approaching 50!
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12400
    Oliver James by Fleet Foxes makes me cry like a baby
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16125
    I liked Joe Jackson
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Scottish folk music.
    Never used to get it but it's Sheena's fave and now I listen loads to it and it makes me well up!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    Whoever coined the phrase "music is the soundtrack to your life" was a genius. So much music is tied in with things that have happened in my life. We had Nessun Dorma played at my dad's funeral, he was an opera buff and loved the song. I can't even listen to it nowadays :'( Play That Funky Music will always take me back to disco nights at the local hospital: lots of laughs, beer and trying to pull the nurses. PF's Echoes will forever be shagging music from my college days. We had Pharrell Williams' Happy played at our wedding, it always brings a massive smile to my face. 

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    who the feck was Joe Jackson? Where did he come from and where did he go?

On e Fug Ugly SOB was always on radio at one time...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    Sambostar said:

Awesome choice Sambo....loved WASP so much back in 83/84 when they were first making their mark

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I could fill the forum several times over with songs that are linked to various memories!

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi