StewMac paying 1/2 shipping to UK

What's Hot
gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
I received this email a day or so ago - until Monday 13th March Stewart Macdonald is giving 50% off shipping to UK. Seems to be built in to the shopping cart, so no code required.
I tested with a set of tuners -
International Airmail$4.86
USPS Priority International $18.28
DHL Express International $9.87

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7091
    tFB Trader
    Oh might be a good time to make my wishlist into an order!
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Although it's worth bearing in mind the +VAT added at this end, and when my other half has ordered from the US just lately, if it's come through the Royal Mail, the robbing bastards have added an £8 "handling fee" per parcel!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28893
    Rox said:
    Although it's worth bearing in mind the +VAT added at this end, and when my other half has ordered from the US just lately, if it's come through the Royal Mail, the robbing bastards have added an £8 "handling fee" per parcel!
    The handling charge has been in place for at least a decade. It covers them paying all the import costs up front and doing the paperwork.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16825
    You may even get charged £12 if it's an express delivery and comes through parcelforce.

i used to have monthly orders with stew-mac- but it's the exchange rate and customs that have stopped that. the postage always seemed pretty reasonable compared to others like LMII
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16825
    Really good to see a US company doing something for its Uk customers though, I think that shows we have a strong base of guitar builders and hobbyists over here
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Sporky said:
    Rox said:
    The handling charge has been in place for at least a decade. It covers them paying all the import costs up front and doing the paperwork.
    Ordered a lot of things from the US in the lest decade or so, and the last six months is the first time we've ever come across this handling fee.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7091
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    Really good to see a US company doing something for its Uk customers though, I think that shows we have a strong base of guitar builders and hobbyists over here
    More like they've noticed a drop-off in UK sales due to exchange rates, maybe the political climate and UK competition such as ToneTech. 

I buy everything I can from Bill as his tools are excellent and he stocks Jescar and Sintoms wire. He's only 10 minutes away too so I don't even have to hold stocks.