Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Vinyl Day - what have you bought recently?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    A few months ago, the 4 disc version of Nine Inch Nails, Deviations 1 (The Fragile reinterpreted) came through my letterbox. It was £75, and I ordered it whilst pissed one night months before (pre release).

Thing is, I don't have a turntable.

Its still here, shrink wrapped.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I spend so much on vinyl it’s unbelievable, one of my fave purchases this year has been The Breeders ‘Last Splash’ box set, a great collection beautifully presented
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Just got NMA’s Winter which is very good, very dark. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Been thinking of getting into vinyl anyone want to put me off?
    No. It's brilliant. Fact.
    After Christmas, I'm getting a turntable, not had one since I was a lot younger! :)
    Just wait till you put the first decent heavy grade vinyl on it and sit down with your favourite tipple. 

It will make you listen to albums properly again. 
    Nothing helped me fall in love with some of my favourite albums again more than this. Make sure you get a half decent table though. A counterweight is a must. Most low-end turntables have a fixed tracking force which is often way too heavy.
    The one I'm looking at has an adjustable counterweight, thanks though, good point.
    @darthed1981 what make/model were you looking at?  I’m still seriously thinking about getting a turntable which will be my first...but am unsure what to get. Initially I was thinking of getting an Audio Technica AT-LP120 USB but have seen mixed reviews.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    duotone said:
    Been thinking of getting into vinyl anyone want to put me off?
    No. It's brilliant. Fact.
    After Christmas, I'm getting a turntable, not had one since I was a lot younger! :)
    Just wait till you put the first decent heavy grade vinyl on it and sit down with your favourite tipple. 

It will make you listen to albums properly again. 
    Nothing helped me fall in love with some of my favourite albums again more than this. Make sure you get a half decent table though. A counterweight is a must. Most low-end turntables have a fixed tracking force which is often way too heavy.
    The one I'm looking at has an adjustable counterweight, thanks though, good point.
    @darthed1981 what make/model were you looking at?  I’m still seriously thinking about getting a turntable which will be my first...but am unsure what to get. Initially I was thinking of getting an Audio Technica AT-LP120 USB but have seen mixed reviews.
    This one currently ticks all the boxes...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MAWCBML/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1B3F2LZ3T45G3&colid=3SGFFRUWNEEM4

Has a USB output and a built in phono stage, so I can just plug it into my current living room setup up. I have a Musical Fidelity X-A1 amp and Tannoy Revolution R2 speakers from yonks ago to complete my system, depending on what my wife lets me sneak into the living room!

I have a sneaking suspicion my wife might get me one for Xmas though.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers, The walnut veneer finish would be my choice!

I've been looking at some of the Rega turntables & some of this guys videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKNKJ_uFheEftryRCvbmfNg
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited November 2017
    Ive got a Rega Planar 3 - sounds phenomenal - you could probably pick up a nice used one which would tick all your boxes and more for £300ish
    I think I might push the button on my new Turntable tomorrow :)
  • Latest Converge album and the Black Friday At The Drive In 10 inch.
  • I bought my Mrs  The Smiths' The Queen Is Dead for Xmas.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Button pressed - new turntable coming Sunday :)
    I bought my Mrs  The Smiths' The Queen Is Dead for Xmas.
    Cool Mrs - that the super-duper box set version?
  • Nah it's standard one - slightly reduced I think due to the box set being out. She's into some cool stuff tbf.

I've asked for the Live at Leeds reissue but I'm not sure I've been good enough to qualify.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Nice one. Let us know how you get on with it, once it's all set-up.
    duotone said:
    Nice one. Let us know how you get on with it, once it's all set-up.
    Thanks, in anticipation my Mrs bought me the new Noel G album on white vinyl, which is cool :)
    My new Vinyl player is in, bit of a dodgy sound at first, but now I've set the counterweight right, big improvement.

Unfortunately not sure my home cinema setup is quite the perfect partner, might need to get the amp and speakers out, be fun getting that past the mrs :)