Band honeymoon period over - advice please

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Rocker said:
    Rocker said:
    You and the drummer can form a SECOND band and play your music better.  All the time your present band continues on its merry way.  As you like the guys in your present band, it would be hard to break up a band even if it is in need of a serious and non confrontational chat between all its members.  There is nothing to stop you and the drummer doing what you want to do yet not losing the friendship of your band mates. 
    Are you being serious?
    Of course.  What is to stop you or anyone from playing in more than one band? 
    Nothing - apart from the fact he doesn't enjoy the first band.    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    We could all go around your bassists house and rough him up a bit for you.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    UPDATE

The deed is done and we are no longer a band. There are mixed emotions (bizarrely!) but it feels like a weight has been lifted from our collective shoulders and it's onwards and upwards. 

Seriously, any bassists or singers out there?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    rico said:
    UPDATE

The deed is done and we are no longer a band. There are mixed emotions (bizarrely!) but it feels like a weight has been lifted from our collective shoulders and it's onwards and upwards. 

Seriously, any bassists or singers out there?
    Stick an ad on the personnel section on basschat.co.uk - although there are a few of us bassists lurking around here, it's full of 'em over there!!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    As Paul McCartney said to Johnny Marr - that's bands. 

rico said:
    UPDATE

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    rico said:
    UPDATE

The deed is done and we are no longer a band. There are mixed emotions (bizarrely!) 
    Not surprising. Bands are a bit like girlfriends- even if she's really fucking hard work, it's still better to be doing some rocking than none :D . Unless it's so completely dysfunctional that it basically burns itself to the ground it's always sad to break up a band.

Hope you find new people quickly.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

Thanks. The band I was in previously gigged for a couple of years then broke up due to the drummer and bassist being bellends then we found out they were gigging with my songs and even had the cheek to use band photos with the other members photoshopped out!

Anyway the drummer and I will continue to practice/write and we'll try to recruit decent members asap. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    rico said:
    Thanks. The band I was in previously gigged for a couple of years then broke up due to the drummer and bassist being bellends then we found out they were gigging with my songs and even had the cheek to use band photos with the other members photoshopped out!

You haven't had much luck recently, have you?!
    rico said:

That was a few years ago! 
    rico said:
    rico said:

That was a few years ago! 
    Ah, ok - at least you've had a break from people being dicks then ;)