SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Old JCM800 cab

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7541
edited March 2017 in Amps £
*edit* - moved this thread from general amp discussion as I do need to sell:

I have an old JCM800 2x12 (1936 model) cab - from when they were proper ply. 

I kept hold of it when I sold my JCM800 reissue head because it sounded so bloody great (was really surprised what a good clean cab it is too) - but needs must now. 

Before I decide whether to part, what's a reasonable price? I believe it has the original speakers (I can check if anyone knows what the originals should be?) 

any input very welcome
ta
Tim 

UPDATE: Now for sale @ £250

Based in Swindon 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    edited March 2017
    Not sure on value but speakers could be early G12T 75's. If your lucky, G12-80's or G12-65's. Your right about them sounding great. I use one myself, mine has G12-65's fitted
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7541
    75s rings a bell actually.

I seem to recall people saying I should change them to 65s because 75s sound <insert whatever the criticism was here> - but these don't. Possibly due to being well and truly played in. It really does sound huge. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72541
    Early G12T-75s are really quite a lot different from later ones - they have a vented magnet (small grille in the middle), and sound chunkier and less buzzy.

A reasonable price is probably around £250 depending on condition, ie the same or more than a 4x12" the same age. There is a reason for this :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    TimmyO said:
    I have an old JCM800 2x12 (1936 model) cab - from when they were proper ply. 

I kept hold of it when I sold my JCM800 reissue head because it sounded so bloody great (was really surprised what a good clean cab it is too) - but needs must now. 

Before I decide whether to part, what's a reasonable price? I believe it has the original speakers (I can check if anyone knows what the originals should be?) 

any input very welcome
    ta
    Tim 
    Where are you? If you're in the South East/London I may be interested...
    Moved to the Classifieds
    Red ones are better. 
    edited March 2017
    Just took these to email to a chap who asked to see them : a folder of pics here 

<bad link deleted> 
    Red ones are better. 
    hang on something wonky happening - gimme a mo 
    Red ones are better. 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said: