NBAD

What's Hot
BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
Went shopping for a new bass amp today. Popped into the awesome Bass Direct.

My original plan was a reasonably lightweight combo - with enough punch for most live scenarios. Looking at the specs, it was going to come in at around 40lbs to be lightweight with enough heft.

Once I got there though, there was something else that caught my eye.. some new Vanderkley cabs. Just released was this rather awesome 2x10. It's 37lbs and can handle up to 1200w (4ohm) in a pretty compact boot-friendly size.

Sounded so clear, clean and articulate. Just had to choose a head for it and I was away...

One stuck out as matching the cab far more than any of the others I tried - an EICH T1000. Rather uniquely, it has 2 500w class D amps, which can run two separate outputs - 4ohm or 2ohm - which means theoretically you could run 4x4ohm cabs.. crikey.

It also has a bridge mode which puts out the full 1000w at 4ohms, or 700w at 8ohms.

Plugged it into the Vanderkley 2x10 and set the tweeter reasonably low. Just the tone I was looking for. And loud. Really bloody loud. Trouser-flappingly loud, and clear, and really articulate. They came home with me.

The EICH amps are handmade in Germany - build quality is really really high. Most pleased. Here it is in it's new location:

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    That looks great. 
    Will the head mount into a rack case? It looks like it could attract a few knocks and I'd be wanting to keep that pristine!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    andy1839 said:
    That looks great. 
    Will the head mount into a rack case? It looks like it could attract a few knocks and I'd be wanting to keep that pristine!

Yep - you can get rack ears for it. 

I'm tempted. But for the moment the gig bag will do the job. If it starts leaving the house regularly then I can see a 4U rack and a tuner in it's future :)
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Crikey - you don't mess about do you?! :-)
    horse said:
    Crikey - you don't mess about do you?! :-)
    You know, on the way I was all set for a nice lightweight combo for a backup and to supplement the Helix etc. 

Then look what happened....! OOPS.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    I reckon I'd be allowed to keep that out in the lounge - looks incredible
    The head is like 4lbs or something - stupid light but so well built. I'll post a pic of it lit up - it's quite something ;)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24369
    Eich used to be Tecamp. Thomas Eich left Tecamp after a boardroom dispute and started again.

i have a Tecamp Puma - same as the T series Eichs. Lovely amp. 
    I do like a nicely illuminated amp:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Eich used to be Tecamp. Thomas Eich left Tecamp after a boardroom dispute and started again.

i have a Tecamp Puma - same as the T series Eichs. Lovely amp. 
    Yeah - I did know about the Tecamp heritage. Got to say, it sounded better than the Bergantino and the Genzler.. and the new Vanderkley cabs are something to behold!