Reverb or delay?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• molokaiomolokaio Frets: 10
    Delay plus reverb is addictive. Once you  try it you can't  go back. 
    If I had to choose only one I'd take a delay. But  that'd be a truly sadic game :'(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Reverb is my 'got to' effect, but I like a bit of delay too so both for me :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11912
    Reverb kills tone on my real amps, every single one I have tried
    A little delay does not (a good delay mind, most are crappy)

But - when you want an atmosphere, lots of different reverbs are amazing

However, when mixing, of course subtle reverb works (as it does with FRFR on the AxeFX2 or Kemper)
  • peachespeaches Frets: 45
    If you change the question to only a reverb or delay pedal, you could be cheeky and pick the Avalanche Run. It mixes delay and reverb in one of the most beautiful matches I've ever heard.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    peaches said:
    If you change the question to only a reverb or delay pedal, you could be cheeky and pick the Avalanche Run. It mixes delay and reverb in one of the most beautiful matches I've ever heard.
    They also do the simpler Dispatch Master which has both. CKK do the Space Station which is half the price and sounds good on the YouTube clips. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Bit of an odd discussion..
    Why reverb OR delay? Most players appreciate the value and versatility of using both but it simply depends on what type of music you're playing, the volume you're playing, who you're playing with and where you're playing (ie natural room ambience, reflection). 

Reverb and delay are both very useful tools but the amounts you need of one or both depends on the above. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)