I found 20p in Supermarket...

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    At university we used to spend hours and hours amusing ourselves by glueing a 20p to the pavement outside the dorm block door...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    Be careful... admitting to such a crime on here? You wouldn't happen to be a photographer by any chance?
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5862
    At university we used to spend hours and hours amusing ourselves by glueing a 20p to the pavement outside the dorm block door...
    Blimey, you were a rich Student! That 20p would have bought a Pint back then wouldn't it?

:D
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    At the dentist this morning, they tipped me back on their motorised dentist chair and all of my lose change fell out of my pocket, all one pound plus "trolley token", 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84 said:
    I found £10 in a charity shop yesterday. How do you think I feel?
    Never mind that, how do you think I feel...? first I drop 20p in the petrol station, then I lose a tenner in a bloody Oxfam shop...

I even put an ad in the paper for return of the same...got fook all response...

Life's a bastard. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Blimey, you were a rich Student! That 20p would have bought a Pint back then wouldn't it?

Yeah, but the pint would have lasted a minute at best - the 20p glued to the pavement sometimes lasted a good few days.. 

(Until the grumpy uni caretaker bloke came along and chiselled it off with a huff and a moan, only to be back a few days later when another had appeared..)

Oh how we laughed..

beed84 said:
    I found £10 in a charity shop yesterday. How do you think I feel?
    Never mind that, how do you think I feel...? first I drop 20p in the petrol station, then I lose a tenner in a bloody Oxfam shop...

I even put an ad in the paper for return of the same...got fook all response...

Life's a bastard. 
    Did the newspaper ad cost you £10.20?

Ironic if it did.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2927
    Yes you should and failure to do so is a Theft.    You low down dirty crimo.

• No, the bastid was 12 nicker...
    No, the bastid was 12 nicker...
    You was robbed.

Twice.

No, three bluddy times!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    Did you and your mates also put cling film underneath toilet seats, with 'hilarious consequences'?
    Did you and your mates also put cling film underneath toilet seats, with 'hilarious consequences'?
    No, but we did paper up doorways to peoples rooms and fill the gap with tiny polystyrene balls..

And we did disassemble one guys room and put it back together as a wildlife reserve... 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    No, but we did paper up doorways to peoples rooms and fill the gap with tiny polystyrene balls..

And we did disassemble one guys room and put it back together as a wildlife reserve... 
    Stop - you're killing me! I'd like to be mates in real life....

Stop - you're killing me! I'd like to be mates in real life....

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5862

Yeah, but the pint would have lasted a minute at best - the 20p glued to the pavement sometimes lasted a good few days.. 

(Until the grumpy uni caretaker bloke came along and chiselled it off with a huff and a moan, only to be back a few days later when another had appeared..)

Oh how we laughed..

Shit, it's 40p now, I'm getting a nosebleed. You could get a Boss DS-1 for that in them days.

Only a Fool Would Say That.

Oh how we laughed..

Shit, it's 40p now, I'm getting a nosebleed. You could get a Boss DS-1 for that in them days.

True, but we never quite made it to the 60p required for a metal zone
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15978
    If it's got the queens head on it, it's mine

The Queen gave who head?
    tae be or not tae be
    hootsmon said:
    If it's got the queens head on it, it's mine

The Queen gave who head?
    Phil the Greek
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    edited March 2017
    I am not sure if I imagined this but when I was a kid I am sure there used to be like a mail order record thing...... like a leaflet in magazines, you could join it and get so many records in a deal?
    Yep.  Britannia Music, I think.   I joined once....ordered three records....taped them and then sent them back.  

Didnt everyone do that? You had to be careful though, otherwise you'd end up with the "editors choice" every month.  Hence why I own a copy of Neil Diamond's Twenty Golden Greats. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72485

Oh how we laughed..
    Finding a couple of 20ps glued to the pavement once amused me too. My mate spotted them first - he tried to pick them up and found they were stuck.

Took me all of about two seconds to get them off with my Swiss Army knife. One for him, one for me. Oh how we laughed!

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein