Netflix Narcos

What's Hot
JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
Why was I not told ? :p

Ruddy marvellous telly !
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• We just finished series 2, series 3 is on the way.

It's intense! Great acting. To have it that good across two languages is a serious achievement IMO. 
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    Yes, I'm looking forward to series 3.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I'm at episode 6 of series 1, bloody excellent! 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7467
    yep - loved it. Roll on S3
    Red ones are better. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    S2 was a good ending if there wasn't going to be a S3 - even better news !!!!! :)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • I've seen season 1 and thought it was very good.

On a related note: The girl who sits next to me at work is Colombian- she saw the trailer and couldn't watch any more than that, it's too raw for her. Escobar tore the country apart & no one came out unscathed.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11600
    tFB Trader
    I watched a while back but I now wished I hadn't ....only because then I could see it fresh for the first time.
    Brilliant series!

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4717

The soundtrack is ace. 
  • Not heard of any of my friends not liking this. I thought it was excellent. Tough to watch at times though
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5519
    It's brilliant. I haven't heard any of my friends slag it off which is saying something.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Fucking fantastic programme - devoured both S1 and S2 very quickly. Without giving too much away about the second series, I am interested to know where they will go plot-wise with the next series.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited September 2017
    Who is watching Season 3?

We have just finished episode 3. Very different feel. I'm enjoying it, but less gripped by it than season 1 + 2.
  • Yeah, just wanted to start a thread about it actually.
    So far it's a bit of a let down. More or less the same show, but without such a character as Escobar it doesn't have the same feel to it.
    He was the biggest drug lord - but also a (wannabe) politician, lover, dreamer. It was beautifully portrayed by Wagner Moura.
    I am currently on the 3rd episode so hoping it'll pick up but so far it's not as good as the first two series. Unfortunately. 

• I've just watched episode 1 of season 3. Even thought Escobar is no more, I still think it's a step above El Chapo and very good TV.

There was something about the way the Portugese actor playing Escobar spoke Spanish which was just a bit off, almost like it was a caricature of the "real" thing.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • It's a cool song, nice to learn on guitar. Tickles my wife, as some of the language sounds really weird to a Spaniard. "Arde tu piel" - what?
  • I've just watched episode 1 of season 3. Even thought Escobar is no more, I still think it's a step above El Chapo and very good TV.

There was something about the way the Portugese actor playing Escobar spoke Spanish which was just a bit off, almost like it was a caricature of the "real" thing.
    Moura is Brazilian.

Although they speak Portuguese in there. I liked his accent. Escobar was a simple guy after all.

Moura is Brazilian.

Although they speak Portuguese in there. I liked his accent. Escobar was a simple guy after all.
    Aha! No the accent was good as far as I know. Perhaps it was the way he looked like he was straining to look like a chubby bloke. Anyway fair play to him.
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1243
    I went for a binge watch over the weekend.
    Season 3 is good, but I don't think it was as good as the first seasons. As @BigBearKris says, there's not the same storyline. It's more or less a glorified documentary about the cartel's downfall, with none of the excitement/interest that Pablo brought, or about how the cartel came to be.
  • I bloody told you ages ago about Narcos!