Just bought a Fractal FX8

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9608
    I agree SO much about the Fairfield...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Has the FX8 been updated with the latest comps? There were optical comps added to the latest Axe FX FW.
  • Has the FX8 been updated with the latest comps? There were optical comps added to the latest Axe FX FW.

Just the studio and one other (can't remember the name) that I could see.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252
    I managed to put together a huge Sigur Ros-style preset yesterday, two cavern reverbs at high mix level, diffusion multi-delay... stunning.

I'm going to try it with an external compressor: as good as the comps are on the FX8, the Fairfield one just has something special about it. 
    Clips please. Soundcloud it, baby!

• I agree SO much about the Fairfield...

I'm guessing the FX8 will respond to it as well as any other pedals? The converters are superb.
  • I managed to put together a huge Sigur Ros-style preset yesterday, two cavern reverbs at high mix level, diffusion multi-delay... stunning.

I'm going to try it with an external compressor: as good as the comps are on the FX8, the Fairfield one just has something special about it. 
    Clips please. Soundcloud it, baby!

I will, when I get a chance :)
  • @Wazmeister You love your tape delays. Any tips on dialling up lovely warm, warbly, wow & flutter tape emulations?
  • I'm interested in some good tape settings too, only just getting started with this thing!

@bintytwanger77 I've managed to approximate a Neunaber WET and managed to get my DIG settings spot on. The TC2290 engine is incredible. As are the plate and space reverbs!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Vaiai said:
    My FX8 has been up for sale here for about 3 weeks and not a sniff! All this Helix talk... lol - Altho - that's what I am selling it for.  Not exactly bothered - the FX8 is fantastic.

Aye, I keep being tempted by it!!
    lol - and I bought your Kemper back a wee bit too - it's swings and roundabouts :) 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Vaiai said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Vaiai said:
    My FX8 has been up for sale here for about 3 weeks and not a sniff! All this Helix talk... lol - Altho - that's what I am selling it for.  Not exactly bothered - the FX8 is fantastic.

Aye, I keep being tempted by it!!
    lol - and I bought your Kemper back a wee bit too - it's swings and roundabouts :) 
    Ohhhh yeaahh!! I forgot about that!

Worth keeping an eye out for the FW update as the new Optical Compressors are very nice and are pretty much my go to compressors.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2236
    edited March 2017
    Has the FX8 been updated with the latest comps? There were optical comps added to the latest Axe FX FW.

Worth keeping an eye out for the FW update as the new Optical Compressors are very nice and are pretty much my go to compressors.
    I thought I had the newest firmware update (if @cbellanga could confirm?), and I don't think there's an optical comp there, might be wrong.

The Fairfield is just so good, though, and an always on for me. I do want to try it between guitar and FX8. I know it's a pedal and it defeats one of the purposes of the Fractal and I'd need to power it individually, but tonally The Accountant is more than worth it.
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Has the FX8 been updated with the latest comps? There were optical comps added to the latest Axe FX FW.

I thought I had the newest firmware update (if @cbellanga could confirm?), and I don't think there's an optical comp there, might be wrong.

The Fairfield is just so good, though, and an always on for me. I do want to try it between guitar and FX8. I know it's a pedal and it defeats one of the purposes of the Fractal and I'd need to power it individually, but tonally The Accountant is more than worth it.
    AFAIK the latest firmware hasn't been rolled out yet to the FX8, only AX8?
  • I checked earlier and the new comps aren't out on the FX8 yet.

Often new effects are released for Axe FX 2 first then ported to AX8/FX8 shortly after.
  • cbellanga said:

AFAIK the latest firmware hasn't been rolled out yet to the FX8, only AX8?
    Ah, I see. And how's the update?